The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you do when.... ?

Kaamos

1) you can hear a very noticeable "clac" sound when you hit the brakes ?

Seems to come from the rear wheels, driving forward or reverse, regardless to speed (even when parking), oly occurs when I start hitting the brakes, if I release them halfay and push again there's no weird sound, but if I release them completely and brak eagain, then I get a metallic sound.

2) your windscreen rubber-joint gets half ripped off by a50 mph trip ?

Thanks for your help

Thanks Tony, I first thought so but the clac only occurs at the moment I start hitting the brake, no other strange sound while I'm actually braking, it just sounds like a toy gun or something, I don't know if I'm making it clear.....

Thanks Tony, I first thought so but the clac only occurs at the moment I start hitting the brake, no other strange sound while I'm actually braking, it just sounds like a toy gun or something, I don't know if I'm making it clear.....

Yeah theres no sound when your actually braking because the piston is pushing the pad against the disc hence no noise. The noise is the piston coming out initially making contact with the pad. Shim kit should sort it out my supra was doing the exact same mate.

Shim kit ? ok I'll start looking in this direction then..... gonna be a fun challenge to find this in France haha

Put a post in the wanted section mate someone could be able to sort you out and send you a set. Is it front or rear thats making the clac?