The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi everyone!

Guest scotty229

Guest scotty229

hi everyone,

i'm looking at buying a supra so thought this might be a good place for advice (which i will definitely need!)

i am looking at a 95 (i think) supra, N/A, import (all the N/A's were imports? correct me if i'm wrong!)

i'm a young driver, coming up to my 20th bday soon, but i don't want to buy a supra to go out and crash it!! they are amazin cars and i wouldn't want to thrash it about! i know the insurance companies will be charging a lot but i would be expecting that, but i am willing to pay for it so i can get my dream car!! does anyone have any sort of example quotes they have got just for an idea on prices?

like getting a puppy for xmas, a supra is for life (or until you wrap it round a tree!)

Scotty

Hello and welcome :)

You're correct that all NA's are jspec imports.

Insurance on these tends to be the same as the TT model, but due to your age either one will be pretty expensive to insure (though compared to other similar powered cars the Supra is pretty cheap in comparison). From what people have quote on here in the past a heck of a lot will depend on you and where you live, but expect at least £1.2k, though it's likely to be a lot more.

Are you looking for a manual or auto? Also, what sort of cars have you experience of (extended) driving in the past?

Guest scotty229

the one i have been looking at is a manual with a limited slip diff, the guy selling it explained about there being a letter in the vin (maybe not the vin but some kind of code) that tells you it has a LSD factory fitted, i did check online and he was right, i think!!

i really haven't had that much experience in high powered cars, but i have done an advanced driving course in a skid car, i know thats not much but it lets you know how to handle oversteer form the rear wheel drive car a little bit!

the one i have been looking at is a manual with a limited slip diff, the guy selling it explained about there being a letter in the vin (maybe not the vin but some kind of code) that tells you it has a LSD factory fitted, i did check online and he was right, i think!!

On the VIN it's the last letter on the 'axle' code that defines the diff. A = non-LSD, B = LSD