The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found the Problem Wobble at 80mph.

Geo

Well i finally got down to the problem of a shakey stearing wheel from about 80mph - to Silly speeds.

Iv had this a wee while now and only just got round to actually finding out what was causing it.

I borrowed a Set of UK Spec wheels from Scott M on here and got them fitted. I took the old girl out for a spin to see if i still had the problem. NOPE, the shaking was gone, sitting at 80mph + now seems this is why the supra was build. Steering perfectly straight, not even pulling to any side. RESULT.

The PROBLEM lies with my Volk CE28N Wheels, i got them reburbed a while back and it looks like the guys who furbd them, didnt out the spigot rings back on, so i have a gap where the weel goes onto the HUb.

I measured this, and diameter was 7cm, the UK wheel was 6cm so 1cm difference. Just enough to through the sterring out.

Easy Fix, to get some spigot Rings and fire them on, or Punt my wheels, and buy a nice new shiney set of Weds. Mmmmmmmm!

Scott cheers for the wheels dude, will return them soon as, O and i fixed your tyre for you. You Owe me a beer, he he.

Was it not the Geo then?! :sly:

Had the Geo done before, so i knew it wasnt that. It had to be something simple as i hadnt hit a pot hole, or anything sinister.

So it was either buckled wheel, balancing, or Spigot rings. It was the later.

All good now, another small problem off my list of to do things. [GRIN][/GRIN]

get back to training and eating weeman, you have no time to be on the forum, haha. :p

Sorry mate, no gym today :):) HAHA. And you should be spending your time sending me new pics of the supra since you havnt bothered to yet after saying you would.

Speak in a bit fatty :p:p:p;);)

:gayfight:

Id be intrested in the wheels if you decided to sell them? :D

already had someone ask if i wanted to swap them.

If i do decide to sell them you can have 2nd dibs if the other dude dont want them mate. :D

already had someone ask if i wanted to swap them.

If i do decide to sell them you can have 2nd dibs if the other dude dont want them mate. :D

Thanks i've also got a set of volk SF- challenges freshly refurbed i could swap them for.