The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carpet dye

RobD

I used a small stiff brush making that I got it right into the carpet pile. :-)

Let it dry then apply a second coat

Sounds daft but does it come off the carpet once it has dried? I.e. in winter when your wet feet have been on it?

Also is there a smell to the dye?

I have the dye in my shed but I can't decide whether to try it or not.

Ric

Sounds daft but does it come off the carpet once it has dried? I.e. in winter when your wet feet have been on it?

Ric

Once the dye is on and dry, it won't come out.

There is a slight smell to it, but after a few days that will fade to nothing.

I'd certainly recommend doing it, looks a lot better than the tired grey look. Plus you will feel good about actually not having to pay someone to do it for you :)

Did the same as Tigger and it worked perfectly, left it to dry all day before replacing in car. It hasn't worn or washed off on anything yet even in the wet, it did smell, only a bit for about a week then I didn't notice it at all.

Bob.

Ric

Did the same as Tigger and it worked perfectly, left it to dry all day before replacing in car. It hasn't worn or washed off on anything yet even in the wet, it did smell, only a bit for about a week then I didn't notice it at all.

Bob.

Did you dye your carpets in a day? The dye I got said you had to leave to dry for 24hr's between each coating

Ric

I tired the spray and was not impressed with the results, then I tried a sponge which fell apart rather quick, ending up using my horses hoof brush, which did a grand job. Defo recommend a 2nd coat.

I only applied one coat, but this was due to a thunderstorm that came out of no where. When I get chance I will do a second coat. I had a cream carpet with over 200k on it and now it looks like new.

As for the smell yes it is was strong to start with but slow dissipated after a week.

If you don't want to do it I will, I had fun:) (ok that sounds sad)

• 2 months later...