The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust Tip

BillyC

Posted this in the wanted section but not sure it will cover my needs as I'd like a nice new shiney aftermarket tip if possible.

Basically, just fitted a new stock NA exhaust but it came without the end tip. Ideally I'd like to be able to just pop up to Halfords and get one when I finish work (so the whole exhaust issue is done and dusted after removing and cleaning the O2 sensors tonight). The Mrs is buying a lemon as I type. :)

I'm not sure on how to check whether these aftermarkets will fit on easily or not. Are there any special fixings needed or can it just be jubileed on?

As an aside it feels, or rather sounds, great to be back to stock with what seems almost like a quiet exhaust. Removal of the knackered one revealed a very large hole at the front end of the mid section that I didnt know about. I'd taped up a much smaller hole further back. Also one of the seams was leaking.

No wonder it had sounded like sh*t for a while and performance was woeful. :(

Any help appreciated.

Ta

You dont have the tip? do you have the back box?

Yes mate the back box was there last time I checked. I made sure it wasnt going anywhere when I put it on. :)

I know there's a section that a tip will screw onto, but wasnt too sure what would fit on. There's a small support type bit on it. I think I'll pop up tomorrow dinnertime and see what can be done.

The tip end is 77mm diameter, so I suppose I'll find something that looks and fits OK. The website is not exactly littered with them. The ones on there don't seem to go over exhausts any bigger than 60mm.

If anyone has any recommendations of where I can get a decent one from by Friday - I'd rather not do Halfors if the truth be told. (Mrs is takng the car away and wants it sorted and not "looking like the exhausts been sawn off"

On the plus side the O2 sensors are currently residing in half a lemon each. :D

Cmon guys....someone must have one of those "ugly, rubbishy stock backboxes" in their shed that they dont need. One with a nice little tip on the end that can be removed easily and given a new lease of life.

You know you want to.