The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - Finally back on the road!

Matt H

Morning guys and gals, and what a morning it is! :D

Car is back!

Left for work this morning and looked over at my gorgeous supra gleaming in the morning sun. Candy Orange beaming in hints off gold, red and tangerine. Biggest grin on my face as I drove off in the other motor, knowing my car is finally back on the road and with a vengeance.

Apparently there is a video on YouTube that a chap with a camera phone snapped when Michel Lane was taking her out.. Could be entitled “gold supra”?

Anyhows, picked up the motor from Michel on Sat as most will know…

WOW! What a different beast she is. Michel took me out for a tutorial on what’s what and a 101 on single driving and basic maintenance ect.

We got on to the A-Roads and opened up the throttle. Bugger me it’s quick! We are only running low boost at 1 bar at the moment until I get used to her again, but this thing is still rapid. Can only imagine what 1.3 bar will be like! The car seems so refined and so easy to drive. The sound is immense. It’s like getting shafted straight back into the seat when the boost comes on and it spools so quick! I think that’s one of the big surprises for me; how easy it is to drive and how fast the turbo spools. Have to admit, when it first hit boost, I didn’t know whether I’d shat myself or if a bit of sex we had come out!! :D

Michel has spent a lot of time getting the geometry of the car correct. Unfortunately it was pretty poor when it went it, which I only understand know after driving her fully sorted out. The suspension has been tweaked, geo re-done and strengthening of the chassis due to the car being an aero. Got a pretty tasty Do-Luck brace across the floor and centre console in the back that helps a lot. Needless to say I’m very happy with the way the car handles now. Putting your foot straight the floor, the car doesn’t hesitate, it stays true and grips like the Spanish chap must have been with his Euro millions ticket on sat night! :D

The drive home was bliss. A Few people taking snaps on their phones and tons of people giving me compliments about the car.

It’s so satisfying getting your car back, driving off and being completely happy. Michel Lane and Ian the mechanic have worked miracles on my car. They have done things to get it spot on that they didn’t even have to do, Just a passion for their work. Stuff such as replacing the faulty aerotop bolt, Finding that my rubber seal around the window has been attached proper and the bonnet lifters fitted properly so they are snug. Every stone turned over and polished up. It’s the things you can’t see in this car now that really holds up the work that has been done.

So a huge thanks to Michel Lane, Ian the mechanic (legend) and Michel’s brother. If only knew these guys years ago!!

I’ll let Michel fill anything in on spec etc.

For now I’m going to fully enjoy the UK’s sexiest supra, but on the cards is a full interior re-trim for the near future to finish off the styling :)

The only thing that needs sorting out is an electrical issue, which we believe is moisture related and most likely the ignitor pack.

I Would have posted up sooner but the internet at home is on the blink (will be a thread on that :grr:)

No pics as yet either (gutted) as I can’t up load at work, but I’ll try and get something sorted tonight if the Internet allows me.

Ta

A very happy Matt H

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Has it been dyno'd, Matt? What sort of peak numbers do you get, do you know?

Glad you're happy with the work carried out, Michel & team certainly sound like they know his their stuff.

No not been dyno'd yet. Low boost is much faster than my BPU+, Michel reckons 500bhp at 1.3 bar... Will have to wait and see, looking forward to that.

Yeah Michel and Ian are really good. Finally taken my car somewhere that actually do what they say they can do! I'd never trust anyone else with the car now. So many rogue traders out there, and i've got the scars to show unforunteatly.

Nice one Matt, glad to hear your happy with you motor!:D

So a huge thanks to Michel Lane, Ian the mechanic (legend) and Michel’s brother. If only knew these guys years ago!!

Are these guys based in the north west?

I've been looking for mechanic who knows his way around a supra for ages.

Used Chis Wilson for my last big service:thumbs:. Brilliant he is, close to Blackpool he is not!:(

You only get the pleasure back in measure for the pain put in enjoy

Very good analogy mate. :thumbs:

Are these guys based in the north west?

I've been looking for mechanic who knows his way around a supra for ages.

Used Chis Wilson for my last big service:thumbs:. Brilliant he is, close to Blackpool he is not!:(

No, North East. 2 hour from Jct 19. Most people can do you a decent service mate, it's the big stuff you need someone competant like Michel Lane for. :)

thanks for your kind words.I would like to thank Ian Wally for his efforts in ironing all the problems.Our knowledge with supra's have increased 10 folds since Matts car has been with us. Gearbox problems, butchered wiring issues , dash issues.

A rough spec below.

fuel system - 650ccinjectors

BL KIT - 44mm tial wastegate

gt35r .68ar

built gearbox, our own versions.

various oil coolers

aemwideband

emanage gold ecu

defi guages

ian's and my blood on various body panels in the engine bay.

etc...

Vented bonnets are a pain in the arse !!!! especially over the ignitor area ... when people design bonnets like these dont they think of the after effects ???..

I hope you enjoy it and dont break it . you are such a poser :p....

have fun, now i can start on my own projects . Anyone want a fast single , see project page shortly.