The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Water Injection by SRD

Chingy

Collected my car today from SRD, had a few bits done ready for Japfest, thought I would share my water injection install with you for those interested

Also a big thanks to Lee for all his hard work over the last couple of days.

image[/

Looking good Colin mate very neat install

Thanks mate, Poor Lee when I told him where I wanted everything and that I didn't want the stock bulb :p

im thinking more pics of the car :D

:D loads in my garage mate

mee too awesome car in flesh and that turbo is a monster

Thanks mate, saw yours today very clean :)

Edited by Chingy (see edit history)

cheers but have to say yours is million times better:)

I do like the trimming you've had done

UMM another job for Lee me thinks:D

yeah he is a bit of a perfectionist, just the work that went into the dash light is impressive, did my brake lines, aux belt, breathers and fluid change to :thumbs:

Tidy install :)

Not sure if you've had chance to drive it yet but I have some questions.. The pump looks darn huge, not far off the bosch fuel pump size (or the late spec aquamist), how noisy is it when operating under full load? Have you had this mapped in or is the pump operative once a certain boost is reached?

Also, is methanol injection actually road legal?

No vested interest, just curious :)

Not sure if you've had chance to drive it yet but I have some questions.. The pump looks darn huge, not far off the bosch fuel pump size, how noisy is it when operating under full load? Have you had this mapped in or is the pump operative once a certain boost is reached?

Yeah very pleased with how tidy the install is

Good questions :)

The pump is massive, its mounted on rubber mounts to stop vibration. You can just about hear the pump when the car is not running but not when it is, the car is quite noisey anyway when moving due to being completely stripped out.

Not had it mapped in as really only installed it as a safety precaution as not planning to use it to run more boost. It comes on at 11 psi then progressively increases the flow until maximum flow at 1.6bar which it will never reach as current only running 1.55bar. Using the smallest jet to 130ml/min

Not to sure if methnol injection is road legal, currently running 30% meth mix ;)

The pump is big, very much like the big aquamist pump.

Was a great idea of Colins to use a factory light for the water injection. Will have to do the same with mine now. :)

Not sure if you've had chance to drive it yet but I have some questions.. The pump looks darn huge, not far off the bosch fuel pump size (or the late spec aquamist), how noisy is it when operating under full load? Have you had this mapped in or is the pump operative once a certain boost is reached?

The pump is big, very much like the big aquamist pump.

Was a great idea of Colins to use a factory light for the water injection. Will have to do the same with mine now. :)

I had that display altered, so i had the cat temp icon changed to say "WI" in blue when its running.

Looking at that install - I may change the way mine is! live the idea of the controller in the box (oo-er)

Nice tidy install. Didn't realise the pump had to be below the final nozzle connection position. Guess I'm b*ggered as it's in to the bottom of the SMIC hardpipe kit :D

Not heard of that one either, my pump (Aquamist) has been well above the jet on my last two cars, can't see it being a problem as its a very high pressure system.

The only problem i can see is if the water tank is below the pump, and this wouldn't matter either if you have a priming pump fitted.

Couple of questions :) looks a great job and hats off to Lee for sorting it out. Tidy job.

Firstly where do you have jets mounted? do you have one pre compressor?

Secondly what is the ratio of water:methanol you are using and is the pump capable of using pure methanol? I would like to see a test with say 50:50 water/meth gradually increasing the amount until you are using nearly 100% meth and the effect this has on timing at higher boost levels. Always been curious about this

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)