The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear light tinting

Blackie

How's that done then? I noticed Suprastar 3000 has it done and looks really good. I have loads of black bits on my silver Supra (Wheels, windows, frontlights) so it would go well i think

I thought they were the c-west light covers? (got them on mine too..)

How's that done then? I noticed Suprastar 3000 has it done and looks really good. I have loads of black bits on my silver Supra (Wheels, windows, frontlights) so it would go well i think

You can get c-west light covers or an alternative cheaper way is to get some tinting spray which E-tech and savage sell it. Basically its just laquer with a black base coat mixed in with it. Easy to do, thats what I have done to mine. One can will easily be enough, ithink I paid £10-£12 delivered from ebay and I gave mine 3 - 4 coats then gave a final coat just with clear lacquer ;)

Does that tint spray look good, does it go on even and does it look like i have been to halfords and it would better suit a nova? I found it on ebay, £5 a can

Well ive done it myself on mine but i have some experience with spraying etc. But to be honest it goes on pretty even, light coats, don't be too heavy handed.

This is how mine looks, as you can see I also did the brake light:D

supra rear.jpg

got mine done when i got the boot smoothed. im goin to do the headlights next..

I would advise against spraying yourself from a can, it tints it but the finish is not that good. a bodyshop should be able to do it reasonably cheapish.. mine only cost a tenner!!