The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Powerhouse racing engine breather tank

Guest Doberman

Guest Doberman

I recently bought this breather tank, as it seems to be a good tank for my mkiv?

but do you have any suggestions on where i can install the tank ?

MVP says that the charcoal canister can be removed, but isnt it there for a reason ?

here is a picture : http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Merchant//catalog/jdm/t/supramkiv/p/phr/phrbreathers.jpg

and i quote mvp: You must remove the OEM charcoal canister in order to install the breather tank on the passenger side of the engine bay..

I want to get this done as soon as possible, so any suggestions is appreciated

The charcoal canister can be removed, it's purpose is for emissions only as far as i'm aware.

Once removed some of the hoses will need to be blocked off, but don't block all of them as one or two are breather pipes.

Click the blue words "charcoal canister".This will tell you all you need to know.

Edited by Hoppy (see edit history)

Guest Doberman

I dont know what the word emission means, but i dont need the canister?

Do you or someone else have a picture of where you have installed the breather?

Basically emissions are the amount of nasty gases that leave your exaust,Have'nt you heard of the o-zone layer!!

I fitted a small oil catch tank on my Supra, so i had space without removing the carbon canister.Pic below

Guest Doberman

suprasplu: i cant locate your catchtank ? You have more space since you have gone single:)

I cant install my breather in the front bumper..