The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Problems

AlexJames

Ok, slightly confused...

Have FMIC, double De-Cat, SARD Boost Controller, 1.2 Restricter ring.

With all this done I'm usually hitting

0.8bar on setting 1

and 1.1 / 1.2 bar on setting 2

Today I installed a HKS FCD (the book says setting 5, but everyone on the forums says setting 9, which seems to work better, and I know that the HKS one is not the advised FCD to have) .... so .... with this installed im now only hitting

0.7bar on setting 1

and just about 1.0bar on setting 2

The engine is also running a little lumpy, and it seems that the first turbo doesnt come online as strong as it used to..but the 2nd turbo seems propper hard... almost like a real odd TTC....

.... I have a walbro fuel pump but its not installed yet...

SARD.jpg

Edited by AlexJames (see edit history)

Yup, the ECU will learn its values and sort its life out after a few miles of varied driving.

It's common for them to run rough, idle high/low when they are in this learn phase.

Good luck with it mate.

Make sure to keep us posted. I've found that on searching the threads, a lot of them just seem to stop after a bit of advice has been given and the OP has not stated whether they have sorted their car out.

Hey Mate, thanks for that, heres the update for you. Yeah it seems to be adjusting itself nicely. I just drove it home and I managed to reach 1.1 bar, which there was no way it was gonna do before so it seems to be working :)

Thanks so much for your help, its really put my mind at rest that I havent just screwed the ECU ;)