The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just Bought New Supra TT?? Would like some advice

Guest Winterlolli

Guest Winterlolli

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a new Supra J Spec TT Black (L469 RJN), its from the cornwall area, purchased from a dealer who had it as part exchange, just wondered if any one knew of it at all? and had any back ground history of it?? I was reading Mawby's guide to buying to new Supra and everythigs fine except where first and second gear don't feel half as aggressive as 3rd/4th/5th/6th and it has worried me a little. I pick it up next friday 15th and before i do just wanted to do some reasearch.

Any comments would be apprecaited.

Cheers

Winterlolli:cool::

Hello and welcome.

The only advice I can give you is the fact that you should've joined, read up on these lovely cars, before you went to have a look at them, as although they are brilliant cars (IMO of course), there are plenty of dogs around, and it's a potential minefield if you pick the wrong one.

Anyway, after all that, I hope you get the answers you're hoping for. :)

EDIT: Loadsa commas!

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

Please tell me you didn't pay full price? please tell me you took somebody with you who knows what to look for on these cars? and please tell me you've got an agreement with the seller to fix at least some of the issues?

The thread mentioned above was posted by me and all comments with-in it are obviously just my opinion of the car, but you may want to re-examine it with the heads-up.

What matters is whether you are happy with the purchase, (also stated at the end of that post by me).

The post was also copied into another thread in a more public area, I'll see if I can find it again.

Guest Winterlolli

Phew, just paid for the membership and read the article. I'm glad i did now...

Not paid for the car yet although put a small deposit on it whislt i checked it out. I knew that something was a little strange. Been out in Supra's before and they felt similar but i was sure first and second gears was quicker. It had receipts for refurb'd turbos and alot of engine work which was my main critera (reliable), the paint was pretty bad but got a mate who is a sprayer (happy days). I have been to the sellers before to look at other cars and they seem reasonably trustworthy. Got them down below 7k and a 3 month warranty. Was going to take one of my mates down who is a mechanic before i hand over the money on friday, it's so hard to get a black TT manual with leather.. Had a Nur Spec R exhaust from the cat back, but no other mods to my knowledge! but thats y i was gonna take my mate to have a look at for me. thanks for all your welcome comments, i might keep on looking. Will consider all your feedback. thanks Winterlolli