The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear rear indicator lenses finished

Kev_A

Mentioned this mod in my last 2 threads this evening so thought I might aswell post a pic, sorry for the quality, it was taken in the carpark under the building, in the dark, with my phone :p

Also, apologies for the appauling state of the car, cleaning has been ditched the past couple of weekends in favour of mods and a full fluid change, normal service will resume this weekend ;)

You get the general idea though ;)

Looks nice Kev :) Out of interest, what did you use to replace the outer lights? Are the lenses the same as the reverse lights or do they come from somewhere else?

Cheers :)

What do you mean by what did I use to replace the lights?

The lenses are identical to the reverse items, I bought them off Blue angel, I can only assume that they started off life inside a now butchered set of rear light units :p

IIRC they don't mate, I remember Jay (Jevensio) offering me a set after I'd bought these and that was his reason for getting rid, as you can't mix and match pre & facelift lenses :(

Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Very nice Kev, can you do anything about the fog bulb thou?

Looks nice Kev :) Out of interest, what did you use to replace the outer lights? Are the lenses the same as the reverse lights or do they come from somewhere else?

Very nice.

Also interested in Homers question as i have a sencond set of rear lights, just havent got round to doing this mod yet

You just need 2 reversing lenses out of j-spec to do j-spec and follow the guide http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35632

Very nice Kev, can you do anything about the fog bulb thou?

What do you mean mate?

As in convert that to a clear lense too?

Would be the same principal I guess but then you might aswell do the brake light too...

:blink:

Now there's an idea :Pling::cool:

What do you mean mate?

As in convert that to a clear lense too?

Would be the same principal I guess but then you might aswell do the brake light too...

:blink:

Now there's an idea :Pling::cool:

I just meant the red bulb, you can do all clear thou, but need 2 sets of Uk rears, so starts getting expensive