The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of going single

Andre

I'm thinking of taking the plung and going for a single turbo conversion. Does anyone know the best place in the essex area and roughly how much im looking at, to have it all done.

Hoping to gain around the 600 bhp mark.

Cheers all.

This is a big step depending on your starting point, but I would say if you are starting from a stock TT you won't get any change out of 10k especially if you want a garage to do all the work and you want to use good quality parts i.e. Not e-bay tat.

Good luck if you go ahead Dave.

What is your budget Andre? Also, what is the current car spec?

As mentioned before there are several reliable places which can do this in a reasonably close area, but choosing the correct parts and most importantly the right garage is the key to making it both cost effective long term.

I can recommend Whifbitz, its the only place I've used for over 7 years of supra ownership.

They know a lot about single conversions and whats decent to use, depending on what your budget is and what you ultimately want.

I'm thinking of taking the plung and going for a single turbo conversion. Does anyone know the best place in the essex area and roughly how much im looking at, to have it all done.

Cheers all.

i want to go single to and dont have that much knowledge about all the kits you can get. Im BPU at the moment but i would like 550 600 bhp next :D

When the car is all done from the bodyshop i will start saving for that next and do as much research as i can.. Whifbitz are in the process in doing there own single turbo kits which alot of us are waiting for spec and prices.

I will do as much work fitting the kit myself first to save as much money as possible...

A few bits to consider, with very ROUGH prices off the top of my head, so not that accurate, but add it up.

Turbo kit £4K

Midpipe and exhaust £600

Intercooler £1200

Fuel Kit £1200

ECU, £1K

Wideband £250

Mapping £600

Clutch £500

iridium plugs £80

decent Oil cooler £200

BOV £150

fitting costs £?????

options

billet timing belt bracket £150

Kevlar belt £80

cams £600

TRD LSD so it puts the power down. £550

Not so optional - Better brake pads, £160 to £400

I would also recommend Whibitz who did a very comprehensive single conversion on my UK spec before I had to sell it!

Car run brilliantly and was pushing out a good 550-600HP based around a GT35R.

Paul is also doing some new complete single kits which can be found here: https://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=181671

Whifbitz have been around for many years now where others have failed and dissappeared and the service is very good from initial sale right through to quality of workmanship and aftersales care as well.

Cheers.

Pete :)

I can recommend Whifbitz, its the only place I've used for over 7 years of supra ownership.

They know a lot about single conversions and whats decent to use, depending on what your budget is and what you ultimately want.

I agree ... have done the full BPU in 2007 and single conversion in 2008 ... very professionnal and helpful :)

If you want to try a single car we have 2 at AFR you can drive, one auto and one manual. Out of preference we fit the Boostlogic kit and any ECU you choose, we have full dyno facilities and will soon be buying a hub dyno too, we also have full fabrication facilities as well should the need arise, we will soon be making our own 4" exhaust and diownpipes as well as custom oil catch tanks etc. Any probs call Matt or Dude at AFR Tuning, we are in the traders section.

Guest drlee

gis a shout,dont mean to rock everyones boat,call me a c""t if u like but 10k on a single,f""k me,ill have hks tatood on my forehead and physically push u down pod in 10 secs,wen will people wake up.

gis a shout,dont mean to rock everyones boat,call me a c""t if u like but 10k on a single,f""k me,ill have hks tatood on my forehead and physically push u down pod in 10 secs,wen will people wake up.

how much should a good single set up be then?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2334498&postcount=6

Hmm, so you are a trader who's trying to bypass trading rules by advertising services on here (no matter how badly).

Plus, you've been warned about this before by Ian C :rolleyes: I can see a ban coming your way.

I would also recommend Whibitz who did a very comprehensive single conversion on my UK spec before I had to sell it!

Car run brilliantly and was pushing out a good 550-600HP based around a GT35R.

Paul is also doing some new complete single kits which can be found here: https://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=181671

Whifbitz have been around for many years now where others have failed and dissappeared and the service is very good from initial sale right through to quality of workmanship and aftersales care as well.

Cheers.

Pete :)

I can vouch for that car, very nice at 1.5+ BAR ;)

Cheers all.

I use Torque Developments for all my engine mods. I've not gone single (yet...) but all of the work I've had done by them has been first rate, so I'm happy to recommend whole-heartedly. They're in Thurrock, so v close for you.

What...?

I use Torque Developments for all my engine mods. I've not gone single (yet...) but all of the work I've had done by them has been first rate, so I'm happy to recommend whole-heartedly. They're in Thurrock, so v close for you.

Single at TDI would be around £15 K plus, great workmanship but VERY VERY expensive

Single at TDI would be around £15 K plus, great workmanship but VERY VERY expensive

True... But worth every penny.

I've mentioned it before on here (and been burned badly in the past by not listening to my own advice), "buy nice or buy twice"...

Best of luck with what ever you decide to do.

So you have an idea of whats involved take a look in the project section as there a few single conversions going on. I too can vouch for Whifbitz and im sure even more so when I get a loo at the quality of the single kits Paul is going to be selling :)