The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dont care about the haters

NeoFuture

Ultralite 18" nur and save yourself £200 whilst getting better tyres. Not much of a decision IMO :)

I bought the very same Ultralite wheels and I'm very pleased with them... Especially since I made the mistake of traveling to Birmingham and buying some wheels from Wheelmania for a previous car, which fell apart within 6 months.

Why do you want 19"?

I do like the look of the Jade wheels, but the handling issues rule out the 19 inch - as nice as they look. Supra's with 19inch wheels are an arse ache when it comes to handling, unless you like to drift it everywhere. They are not a good choice unless you are a very expereinced driver of high HP RWD car's.

They are much easier to handle on a 6spd, on an auto it will be a nightmare without decent trac control.

One way or another, get some proper tyres fitted!

well its an NA so i wont really have that issue hehe, i have axis 19"`s with god knows what tyres on now, i would consider 18"`s but i like me 19"`s :(

to be fair, as embarrising as this is, im going to fit a TT next, but to be honest i have no need i never floor the car, or corner hard, i prefer to enjoy it lol

umm dunno if you noticed they are nothing like the jades, i want some that look like the jades yours are completely nothing like em

Ummm dunno if you noticed but they're shit quality, which was what I was trying to cast your attention towards with my post.

Seriously, I've heard horror stories and I've had a bad experience myself. What more do you want me to say?!

Oh, and as Homer says, 19s are a joke if you want a Supra to handle properly.

well its an NA so i wont really have that issue hehe, i have axis 19"`s with god knows what tyres on now, i would consider 18"`s but i like me 19"`s :(

to be fair, as embarrising as this is, im going to fit a TT next, but to be honest i have no need i never floor the car, or corner hard, i prefer to enjoy it lol

If you don't use it then why fit a TT lump? I don't see the logic there mate. Why not save your cash and spend it on something worthwhile (Outdoor jacuzzi, holiday in the far east, strippers, etc :D ).

That picture is a photoshop, thats Ibrar's old car and it never had them wheels, Rota drift and GTR's are a similar style but only in 18", far nicer wheels imo.

I recently changed from heavy 19's to lightweight 18's and the improvement in the handling and general driving massive.

brakes are on my shopping list too, but new respray then wheels then other stuff, let me get some financial stimulus back in my life before i do the rest

Not that I am one to talk about spend and Supras ! you seem to have a lot of items you want for your NA (brakes, TT lump, Wheels etc) would it not have been better to just wait for the right TT to come along and buy that ?

19s arent a bad thing for pimping around on :)

Keep it stockers for track/drag or generally hardcore use :)

I'm doing exactly that. I'm getting 19's for the "look", i have stock 17's in the garage for the winter and for if i ever get myself to a track day.