The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A spring Clean

Tigger

So Mawby and I where bored and decided to tidy my car up a bit, as it has 211000 miles on the clock, got splattered all over in road paint when I went pass some road works last summer and generally been neglected over winter:-

Day 1

We started with cleaning the inches of mud in the arches and springs and giving it a quick wash:-

Photo0039.jpg Photo0034.jpg Photo0035.jpg

We then stripped out the inside to try and find/fix as many rattles as possible:-

Photo0040.jpg Photo0041.jpg Photo0044.jpg Photo0049.jpg

And Lee fitted some new speakers for me as the factory ones in the car were knackered:-

Photo0053.jpg speaker.jpg

As the carpet was out we thought it would be good to try and give the old very manky looking cream carpet a new lease of life

From this...

P150409_14.38[02].jpg P150409_14.38[01].jpg

to...

Photo0046.jpg

Yes it could do with another go over, but the heavens thought they would open on us just as I put the carpet outside to dry so it will have to do for now.

Whilst I was having fun dyeing the carpet Lee was fitting my boost gauge for me:-)

P150409_14.02.jpg P150409_14.02[01].jpg gauge.jpg

And he also saved some valuable weight from my lardy UK by removing the unused factory amp, the cables to the amp, and the cables to the factory CD changer which was removed ages ago:-

attachment.jpeg Photo0050.jpg

He also managed to apply all of this technical skill and fixed the problem with my sub-oxygen sensor:-

02.jpeg

Day 2

We then turned our attention to the paintwork,

Lee started to put the inside back together and discovered I had an electric boot release:-

boot.jpeg

And then released how stupid he was being!

Electric Boot Release

I tackled the mammoth task of removing the splattered paint which was over the entire car. These pictures really don't show the amount of paint which was on the car. It took 6 hrs to remove the worst of the paint in the end

Photo0055.jpg Photo0065.jpg

To finished off with we gave it a good wash and Polish.

Photo0071.jpg Photo0076.jpg Photo0077.jpg Photo0080.jpg

Wow, writing it out like this really doesn’t sound much, but I can assure you it took 20 hrs of, blood, sweat and a lot of swearing.

Photo0089.jpg Photo0091.jpg Photo0092.jpg

hey tigg... can you dye my carpet please ;)
You just want to see me in my pink rubber gloves:innocent:

That is 1 sexy car. A set of stock alloys and it would look perfect :)
:rlol:

that really did come up well!! well dun lads :)
Mawby's not gay;)

Cheers guys:)

I do ache a lot now, but well worth it

Several, in fact a lot of them really. The car is full of double sided sticky foam now. :)

mine has a lot of rattles now especially since a full decat ;) did you just stick double sided foam between panels and stuff?