The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Favour Required Need to borrow set of wheels to diagnose a problem

Geo

So iv got a wobble on my steering wheel when i hit 80mph + and iv no idea what is causing the problem.

Iv had the wheels balanced, alignement done, new tyres, etc. And still the problem is there.

Im looking to borrow a set of wheels to see if its an actual alloy thats causing it.

Would need to for over UK Brakes though. Can anyone help me out thats close by Say Ayrshire/Strathclyde Area.

wear in the column, track rod ends ? when you say wobble, is it a vibrating wobble, wheels balanced properly ?

I'll just reply in Geo's absence.

Wheels have been balanced numerous times and yes, it's a strong vibration through the wheel (exactly the same symptoms as unbalanced wheels)

wear in the column, track rod ends ? when you say wobble, is it a vibrating wobble, wheels balanced properly ?

yeah its a vibrating wobble, the steering wheel will go from left/right etc.

yeah wheels are balanced properly

offsets should be the same, and widths are like an inch, it wont hurt to do one run down a local motorway, i mean any aftermarket alloys will be wider than the OEMS anyway, yeah the handling round corners might tramline a bit but to test the wobble it should be fine

ive got a spare set of standard 16" wheels at my house mate if you wanna drive up

edit just read, they wont clear uk's i think as there j spec's

No good for UK brakes though. I have a set of 17's you can borrow though. Should be good to just bolt on.

No good for UK brakes though. I have a set of 17's you can borrow though. Should be good to just bolt on.

cool mate any chance i can get them tomorrow?? As im off.

Where abouts are you anyway??

Yeah no worries bud. Afternoon ok? pm me your number. I'm in larkhall.

scott any chance you can give me a buzz regarding those wheels to try. Looking at the weather today i can pick em up but not fit them until a better day.

Will drop em off once im done with them

iv pm'd u my number

cheers george