The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Noob on the look out

Guest Allen

Guest Allen

Hi all,

Looking to buy a Supra after selling my Integra DC5.

Thinking of gettin a twin turbo version as only owned NA cars so fancy a change.

My only worry is buying an 10 year+ turbo car, dont ask why :blink:

Ill prob be annoying for abit asking all the same questions every noob asks (i promise to use the search button first)

Cheers

Hello Allen. Don't be overly concerned about buying a 10+ year old turbo'd car. Supras are very reliable if maintained properly.

Just ensure you do the normal checks (including the turbo-related ones) when looking at any prospective purchase. You can often tell if you're looking at a well looked-after car, or one owned by a chav who couldn't afford to get it serviced regularly but could somehow manage to afford to (badly) fit an aftermarket front bumper that looks like a snowplough. :)

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

Welcome! I was worried too for the same reasons, I now have a 1993 GZ TT in excellent condition for 2 years, well looked after by the previous owner and loved by me, totally reliable, much more so than my daily driver was and it was only 5 years old!

Guest Allen

Cheers for the welcomes and info.

You lot are fast with the replies on here :cool:

Just gotta find a car now... got around 8k to spend. Some nice ones for sale on here, just need to travel...

Guest Allen
What did you think of this out of interest? I really like the look of them and tried to get a mate to buy one but he got a diesel civic instead. :(

Loved it, do regret selling it a little. But fancied a change

To date its probably one of the best cars i've driven (got to drive a Lambo Gallardo :eyebrows:)

Used as a daily driver for 2 years and apart from servicing didnt have to spend a penny on it.

Great performance for FF, anyone unaware of the car was surprised it a NA 2ltr

It would've been rude not to. Fabulous car mate. :) As SupraGirlie says though, go TT. Honda are the experts at weight saving. The Toyata will feel heavy and subdued after owning a motot like that.

I wouldn't have sold it. :)

I've had less reliable brand new cars than the 13 year old NA I have now :)

Yeah I know the feeling, 57reg seat leon vs '96 uk tt, currently 3-0, and the leon sounding rough again lol

:D

Guest Allen

Cheers for the comments (apart from the you shouldn't of sold it ones...)

Defiantly going for TT

The hunt continues