The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm rather disappointed with Wheel Manias pricing.

NeoFuture

I like the styles of wheel mania wheels. But the quality of the Vortex R's is shocking. I was tempted to get a set until I did some research.

Hopefully the jade R's are better quality for the people that have bought them.

I'm sticking with 'any italian' wheel theory. I had a set of Antera's on my old supra which never had any sign of corrosion in the 18 months I had them. Paul2supra still has them fitted to the car, and as far as I can tell they still look perfect.

they're not expensive either, I'm going for another italian make this time round, but I'm not saying anything yet as I want to be exclusive for as long as possible :D.

Edited by pistonbroke (see edit history)

Ive wheelmania wheels and theres nothing wrong with them it doesnt matter what you buy you will get them cheaper elsewhere if you shop about and obviously there going to be dearer for 19's there a bigger wheel!!!!!! Everyone has there own opinion of wheelmania imo there a decent wheel for the money. you get what you pay for.

Your saying boycot them but at the end of the day your just pissed there sellin for cheaper elsewhere. Just by them elsewhere if thats the case. I do agree the vortex wheels were piss poor quality as thats what i had before. I have monnaco race silver now and there far better quality and finish to them.

I wouldnt go as far to say there utter sh#te yes theres better built wheels out there but at the end of the day not everyone has 2.5k to 3k to spend on wheels!!!

I saved hard to get the wheels that i like i think its a bit stuck up to spout out there utter shite!

Careful, they may threaten legal action.

Indeed they might.

They've not actually done anything wrong, all I can think is that NeoFuture must be very fickle if that's all it takes to HATE someone/thing. I'll change the thread title I think.

Wheelmania make some beautiful looking wheels however the quality is well off the retail price, I had some Vortex-R wheels and the lacquer began to peel after just 2 months, I have read that other people on here have suffered from the same problem.

At £1500 for a set you can get a much butter quality wheel, Nic was doing some really good prices on WEDS wheels which I'm sure will last longer than 2 months before the lacquer peels!

:D

i think its a bit stuck up to spout out there utter shite!

Not really. There's loads of wheels in that price range i'd have (Ultralites, Weds, Rotas etc) They're badly made and all the designs I have seen look awful, all in my own opinion of course ;)

I'd rather stick with stock.

:D

Not really. There's loads of wheels in that price range i'd have (Ultralites, Weds, Rotas etc) They're badly made and all the designs I have seen look awful, all in my own opinion of course ;)

I'd rather stick with stock.

Everyone to their own ovcourse but i still wouldnt say there shite. ;)

Christ .....wheelmania don't make the wheels!

Team Dynamics make all of the Jade R's, and then just supply the 19's exclusively to Mania for a mark up.........>

Better of buying the alloys on there own and sorting out the tyres you want, you will end up with better tyres you actually want too!

Thats what I did direct from Team Dynamics.........and I'm very happy.