The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Arch Rolling........Southwest?

Pudsey

My History so far!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=181680

Have many people running 18 inch wheels had to roll their rear arches........argh!!!!

My new tyres are catching the inner rear lip on the drivers side so far, heard a tapping noise today whist off up to Paignton this afternoon.

Stopped and to my horror a sliver of rubber was hanging off (whipping the arch as I drove along) thanks to a fast hard left hander, the lip had shaved the tyre like a stanley knife!

Look forward to hearing everyones opinions and experiences on this one!

Thanks for looking!

If the offset of your wheel or isn't Supra compatible you may have to roll your arches no matter what size wheel. I had exact same problem when cornering trying to run 295 tyres on the back & had the arches rolled & solved the prob :)

Oh right,

When I ordered the wheels they were made specific for the car by Team Dynamics, hope they haven't just produced a off the shelf size and said it was the proper exact fitment.

I double checked this too!

Arch rolling it is then by the sounds of it.......I would imagine it would make the lips rust rollingthem back?

Oh right,

When I ordered the wheels they were made specific for the car by Team Dynamics, hope they haven't just produced a off the shelf size and said it was the proper exact fitment.

I double checked this too!

Arch rolling it is then by the sounds of it.......I would imagine it would make the lips rust rollingthem back?

What size tyres are you running?

If they are rolled properly and the paint doesnt crack they won't rust.

PS......> Jenansio

Loving the picture with the lightening strike.

Sweet!

Cheers Pudsey :D

Give these guys a shout

http://www.archenemy.co.uk/

They have done some work for members on here and im currently training with the boss at the mo.

They know their stuff and wont fcuk it up

I tried them a while ago, and unless they could get a few people to do on the same day, they wouldn't come to Bristol just for the one car, so I doubt they'll go further south :(

Give these guys a shout

They have done some work for members on here and im currently training with the boss at the mo.

I tried them a while ago, and unless they could get a few people to do on the same day, they wouldn't come to Bristol just for the one car, so I doubt they'll go further south :(

What offset are the wheels mate.

Thanks for advice and info guys!

I am going to check the Offset with the manufacturer, just to make sure they supplied the correct sizes.

Will have to look at the tyre size...........can't remember them off the top of my head!........wheres that receipt......the hunt begins!

Give these guys a shout

i recommended him to my mate, my mate was well pissed he ruined his arch completly i saw it on his evo. My mate wanted his arches flared and it was all bent when i saw it:rolleyes:

i recommended him to my mate, my mate was well pissed he ruined his arch completly i saw it on his evo. My mate wanted his arches flared and it was all bent when i saw it:rolleyes:

Crikey that isn't good news then, hope he gave him a full refund and paid to have it sorted out too!

I it comes down to it, I will do it myself.

At least I'm the master of my own destiny them.....> if you get me!

Crikey that isn't good news then, hope he gave him a full refund and paid to have it sorted out too!

I it comes down to it, I will do it myself.

At least I'm the master of my own destiny them.....> if you get me!

he did not charge him but did not pay for the damage the arch was fu*ked

That's the bad boy........... good work!

How about a few of us throwing in a few quid together as a group to get one, bit pricey aren't they.

I know Wile E Coyote was interested but have to wait until he also sees the price.

Unless anyone else has one we can borrow of course wink wink please grovel........>

Which guy was it?

The guy that owns it is doing my training and he is good and knows his stuff.

I am getting one shortly.

But if you do get one or borrow one be carefull as its not as easy as it looks and you can fcuk the arches up

Which guy was it?

The guy that owns it is doing my training and he is good and knows his stuff.

I am getting one shortly.

But if you do get one or borrow one be carefull as its not as easy as it looks and you can fcuk the arches up

Yeah, I imagine it will be a long job and need plenty of patience, but thats fine with me as I'm a bit of a perfectionist to be honest!

Has anyone from the club actually tried it themselves using a similiar tool or doing it by hand perhaps?