The mkiv Supra Owners Club

D'oh. What plonker.

carl0s

There I was, pouring oil into the oil filler whatsit on the engine, and there it was, oil, pouring out all over my driveway :rolleyes: About two and a half litres of the stuff. I forgot to put the drain plug back in :-(

On the plus side, it did do a nice job of flushing out more black shit. On the downside, that black shit is all over the driveway too.

We rent our house so things like this can be problematic!

Pour the rest of the oil over the drive the power wash the whole lot.

Good point, your whole drive is the one colour.

Bad point, do not drive or walk outside your house until it has rained at least for a year.

:D

I'm off to my mum's shortly for my pressure washer. I'll get some patio cleaner on the way and see how I do, maybe some petrol too.

Hmm. How bizarre. I used some Autoglym engine & machine degreaser with a paintbrush and didn't think it'd done that much. Now that it'd drying, parts of it are totally gone. I'm still not sure if I'm looking at the right bits of the driveway 'cause it's so clean, but I think I am.

Two litres is nuffink.

On my Focus the oil filter is a biatch to get to...... and it has to go back in almost blind, so its a bit of a pain to do.

There I was having finished the job and filled with 5 litres, so I thought I'd start it to get oil pressure. After 10 seconds running the oil pressure light was still on! 'That's odd' I thought...

And by jove it was right...... as all the lovely 5W/30 (£30 worth) was making its way (assisted slightly by that great invention.... gravity) onto the neighbours lawn :shock:

The ruddy oil filter seal had dropped off while I was fumbling the filter onto the block :(

At least the neighbout doesn't have to mow his grass much :senile:

We had a call at work a couple of weeks back. Some trainee mechanic lad had managed to empty a 200 litre drum of oil all over a workshop floor. I couldn't even begin to stop laughing.

My old bosses son pumped £1500 of nice new oil into the waste oil container. I still giggle now when I think of that:d

I do remember my father-in-law changing the oil on his morris into a standard b&q bucket, all was good until he took the car off the ramp. He had only push the bucket towards the back and forgot....

Oh how did he laugh...he thought it was flippen hilarious, till I pointed out it was MY driveway..and carried on laughing...

As a young test Engineer I was conducting an oil consumption survey at an OEM on new campany cars. I had to ensure they were all bang on the dipstick line so the consumption could be measured. A couple of weeks later I spotted a manger asking a colleague for some engine degreaser to fix the mess on his drive. Turned out 'some (very embarrassed) idiot' had left his oil filler cap resting on the inlet manifold of his new 4x4.......:rolleyes:

It's all sooo easy to do,not been caught with the oil. But many years ago left the rear brake rod undone on a trials bike first junction was interesting!.Also left a watercool pipe seal off on an engine rebuild the oil went green and I had to do the whole thing again.Check and check again, nowadays I do each thing twice bolt tighten, bolt check tighten.