The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stereo adapator harness HELP!!

SupraGirlie

Can someone please tell me what to buy so I can install my single din head unit, it currently has a stock Toyota double din piece of crap that doesn't work, I searched on here and just went to Halfords and bought a PC2-17-4 harness which someone on here said is the one I need, and it doesn't fit!! I am going mad with no music so someone reply quick lol

have you sorted this I had this same problem and you need to go under the carpet a bit into the drivers footwell and it plugs in there there are some pics on a thread I raised in ICE I think

I am just about to take the centre console off again and have a look!

the cable you disconnected from the stereo has to be disconnected from another unit further back and down the side of the tunnel just follow it, disconnect it and plug your new one into that box down the side.

So the cable you bought completely replaces that one.

Hope that made sense.

the cable you disconnected from the stereo has to be disconnected from another unit further back and down the side of the tunnel just follow it, disconnect it and plug your new one into that box down the side.

Hope that made sense.

I can't find it, it's such a mess of wires etc :(

Hope that made sense.

How can this work, the adapter I have isn't long enough to be able to connect to something right down toward the drivers footwell and come back up to plug in to my stereo?! Or am I confused!