The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Its Not Everyday A Buyer Travels 2000km+ To Buy Your Car! Aristo Sold :)

Anees

Hi guys,

I have deliberately kep quiet for the past month or so about my Aristo sale. After so many time wasters in the UK I did get a call from a interested buyer in Finland a month aga. I thought it was a scam at first but he sent me a £500 bank transfer and 1 month, 150+ emails and some cash he arrived last night at Manchester Airport and we did the deal. He was loving the car!

I know I was only the seller but it was exciting for me to have a buyer come all that what just to buy my car based on pictures. He said the car looked exactly as described and was worth the travel. The buyer mentioned that there were a few other Aristos about cheaper then mine or similar priced, but he loved the classy look I have achieved and he hates over the top stupid stick on bits and big bumpers!) The car should be a sleeper not shout about it- if I was going to do that then it defeats the point!

He bought some friends with him and they are having a Road Trip now driving the car all the way back to Finland over the bank holiday weekend. I bet they will have fun on the Autobahn........... ;) I would love to do something like that someday. :)

With some really bad weather in the evenings I was worried that I wouldn't be able to give the car a proper clean but I did my best; I have to say it looked really good (Meguirs quick detail did the trick!). The night before I filled the boot up with spare parts the buyer wanted. Yesterday I then waxed the car and cleaned as best I could and filled up a 25L drum of V-Power I had got for him as well as checking the under bonnet fluids, tyre pressures getting an extra 1L Top-up of Silkolene 10w-50 oil for him and I also had to buy a set of spacers which I forgot to do for the front wheels just in case they had a puncture on the front wheels (the spare won't clear the big brakes) etc. I must admit I hadn't checked the oil as regulary as I should but was impressed the car used no oil ;)

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/boot.jpg

Taking all that back to Finland (and filled up fuel) AND obviously there own luggage. ;)

My quick clean included cleaning the engine bay plastics, exterior wash and wax, vaccum interior and conditioning the leather seats etc. Car looked and smelt good :)

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone1.jpg

Looking good to meet her new owner:

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone2.jpg

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone3.jpg

The test drive was quite funny because we were in the Manchester Airport Short Stay Car park and we didn't really want to leave because I didn't know where we were going and you'd have to pay the rip off charges to come back in. The buyer was quite happy to just drive round the car park and get used to the beast. I couldn't really demonstrate the power. The car has so much paperwork that really even the arch leaver file I provided wasn't enough and it was over flowing!

My final view of the car as it leaves and never to be seen in the UK again probably.
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone4.jpg

It honestly was a mint example of an Aristo and a such a shame that minus the few genuine ones, the UK buyers were (sorry to say but) :taped: bunch of time wasters. All I can say is this guy knows how to buy a car - if you want it you go get it even if it is 2000KM+ away where as the UK buyers couldn't even do 20 miles in same cases.

I feel better saying that and getting my frustrations out. The eventual buyer was again the FIRST PERSON to look at the car, as always seems to be the case with my cars - never sold a car yet where the first person has not bought it. Hardly any haggling over the price and its nice being able to stick two fingers up to the :wtf: buyers that ring you up saying they have four grand for me "right now" in cash - I say thats very nice for them, and?? :shutit: Dreamers............... if they think that - I'd rather keep the car then give it way. (As you can tell had some right people trying it on) :D

All though it feels like I have been selling the car for a while its not that long really when you consider some people have been trying sell similar cars much cheaper for the best part of 18 months and is priced lower then mine. They are hard cars to sell.

I have never seen anyone else drive the Aristo and under the dusk lights, as they were driving away it just looked like a BEAST not to be messed with - no wonder I was getting looks in it.

So thats the end of my Aristo ownership. But I will still stick around :)

Anees

Hi guys,

I have deliberately kep quiet for the past month or so about my Aristo sale. After so many time wasters in the UK I did get a call from a interested buyer in Finland a month aga. I thought it was a scam at first but he sent me a £500 bank transfer and 1 month, 150+ emails and some cash he arrived last night at Manchester Airport and we did the deal. He was loving the car!

I know I was only the seller but it was exciting for me to have a buyer come all that what just to buy my car based on pictures. He said the car looked exactly as described and was worth the travel. The buyer mentioned that there were a few other Aristos about cheaper then mine or similar priced, but he loved the classy look I have achieved and he hates over the top stupid stick on bits and big bumpers!) The car should be a sleeper not shout about it- if I was going to do that then it defeats the point!

He bought some friends with him and they are having a Road Trip now driving the car all the way back to Finland over the bank holiday weekend. I bet they will have fun on the Autobahn........... ;) I would love to do something like that someday. :)

With some really bad weather in the evenings I was worried that I wouldn't be able to give the car a proper clean but I did my best; I have to say it looked really good (Meguirs quick detail did the trick!). The night before I filled the boot up with spare parts the buyer wanted. Yesterday I then waxed the car and cleaned as best I could and filled up a 25L drum of V-Power I had got for him as well as checking the under bonnet fluids, tyre pressures getting an extra 1L Top-up of Silkolene 10w-50 oil for him and I also had to buy a set of spacers which I forgot to do for the front wheels just in case they had a puncture on the front wheels (the spare won't clear the big brakes) etc. I must admit I hadn't checked the oil as regulary as I should but was impressed the car used no oil ;)

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/boot.jpg

Taking all that back to Finland (and filled up fuel) AND obviously there own luggage. ;)

My quick clean included cleaning the engine bay plastics, exterior wash and wax, vaccum interior and conditioning the leather seats etc. Car looked and smelt good :)

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone1.jpg

Looking good to meet her new owner:

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone2.jpg

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone3.jpg

The test drive was quite funny because we were in the Manchester Airport Short Stay Car park and we didn't really want to leave because I didn't know where we were going and you'd have to pay the rip off charges to come back in. The buyer was quite happy to just drive round the car park and get used to the beast. I couldn't really demonstrate the power. The car has so much paperwork that really even the arch leaver file I provided wasn't enough and it was over flowing!

My final view of the car as it leaves and never to be seen in the UK again probably.
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

http://www.ranatech.co.uk/aristo/gone4.jpg

It honestly was a mint example of an Aristo and a such a shame that minus the few genuine ones, the UK buyers were (sorry to say but) :taped: bunch of time wasters. All I can say is this guy knows how to buy a car - if you want it you go get it even if it is 2000KM+ away where as the UK buyers couldn't even do 20 miles in same cases.

I feel better saying that and getting my frustrations out. The eventual buyer was again the FIRST PERSON to look at the car, as always seems to be the case with my cars - never sold a car yet where the first person has not bought it. Hardly any haggling over the price and its nice being able to stick two fingers up to the :wtf: buyers that ring you up saying they have four grand for me "right now" in cash - I say thats very nice for them, and?? :shutit: Dreamers............... if they think that - I'd rather keep the car then give it way. (As you can tell had some right people trying it on) :D

All though it feels like I have been selling the car for a while its not that long really when you consider some people have been trying sell similar cars much cheaper for the best part of 18 months and is priced lower then mine. They are hard cars to sell.

I have never seen anyone else drive the Aristo and under the dusk lights, as they were driving away it just looked like a BEAST not to be messed with - no wonder I was getting looks in it.

So thats the end of my Aristo ownership. But I will still stick around :)

Anees

Nice one mate, glad for you. How much do aristos generally go for ?

Unfortunately a lot of people in the UK seem to be chancers and time-wasters: it seems to be the norm rather than the exception. :( That's not to say that some of the UK offers you received weren't genuine. As long as people are honest, I don't see a problem with offering a low price. If their offer is much below what it's worth, market forces dictate that they usually won't get the sale (because higher offers come in).

You sound like an (ex-)owner who really cared for the car, and that usually comes across in car adverts and of course when a potential buyer sees the car in the flesh. I'm not surprised that the first person to see your cars ends up buying them if you treat them all like that. :) It makes a refreshing change from the usual car adverts: "For sale, my car is well mint innit, apart from the cracked bumper that I did when I was donuting (sic) around MaccyD's car park."