The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra towing a caravan??

tony tt

Today i was driving round the M25 just at the potters bar junction and to my horror i seen a supra towing a caravan!! wtf? It was mkiii the older shape but still there not built for towing that crap around. The guy had piller pods with 2 gauges fitted and the big goofy extended mirrors on it. what a nob!!

Dude used to tow a bloody Great trailer.......

so did I on my U.K spec.

When you have kids & loads of crap to take on holiday, a small trailer makes life a lot easier & the towbar is detatchable......horses for courses mate:innocent:

Well now you mention it i suppose i would like to take my supra with me maybe it was the initial shock of seeing one towing a caravan!! A trailer with your extra things in it i can understand but a caravan? Iv'e a mental block when it comes to caravans at the best of times but not on a supra no!!

I was considering a tow bar for the Supe so I could move garden waste etc.... cos there's no chance all that rotten wood and stuff is going in the boot :shock:

Never did it tho..... just used the Mrs' car when she was away ;)

The Supe is big enough and powerful enough to tow, and it would certainly suprise a few to be overtaken at ???? leptons by a caravan combo :D

I was considering a tow bar for the Supe so I could move garden waste etc.... cos there's no chance all that rotten wood and stuff is going in the boot :shock:

Never did it tho..... just used the Mrs' car when she was away ;)

The Supe is big enough and powerful enough to tow, and it would certainly suprise a few to be overtaken at ???? leptons by a caravan combo :D

Indeed, my dad often used to borrow my Supe to tow his caravan. He could be seen doing around 150mph between J17 & 18 on the M25 on a regular basis.

:taped:

Lets hope Dude doen't see this ;) lol

Indeed, my dad often used to borrow my Supe to tow his caravan. He could be seen doing around 150mph between J17 & 18 on the M25 on a regular basis.
It was doing more like 45mph so it couldnt have been him! :p

I'm sure that's slightly over the speed limit for towing isn't it????

Unless he was in the inside lane, of course..... much like builders vans towing those small road rollers. There mist be no speed limit there :rolleyes:

Didn't Top Gear attempt to set the unofficial world speed record with a car & caravan??? Now there's an idea....... anyone seen Dude??? ;)

Unless he was in the inside lane, of course..... much like builders vans towing those small road rollers. There mist be no speed limit there :rolleyes:

Didn't Top Gear attempt to set the unofficial world speed record with a car & caravan??? Now there's an idea....... anyone seen Dude??? ;)

Put your big wooden spoon away you!! :D

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/fast-caravan

I think it's only 3 times over teh limit. :D

I've had words with him, but off he goes with his big heavy right foot. No really. He's just got an oversized foot - size of a flipper.

Could have been Liqwidart, he uses his supra to tow his works caravan around :)

Bought it off a guy on here called Rob Andrews? Dunno if he bought it from liqwidart?? I know the car has been in the UK since 1997 :)