The mkiv Supra Owners Club

push starters

dublin lad

A ha!

I used to have one in my old supra.

It had a starter problem, and I misdiagnosed it in the beginning as worn keyhole, so I installed a Pivot one to bypass the key turning action (needless to say it was a worn starter motor contact problem).

Basically, you turn the key then press to BRRRRRRMMMMmmm

It came with instructions and some wiring diagrams. Should be easy to install if you're handy since I got a garage to install it for me (I was a noob. Still am too!) and it only took them 20 minutes. 10 to figure out how to remove the dash panels.

Fancy, and always get the "WTF?" questions from people.

Looks cool, and that's all that matters. ;)

Edited by Marmoot (see edit history)

I like the S2000 one. I think they fit exactly into the cigarette lighter hole too. Your insurance company might not like them as much though, they can be funny if you start messing around with the ignition wiring.

You still needed the key with mine, it would not start on the key however, it actually prevented EVERYONE from starting the car :D, knowone ever thought to look up for a start button, even me at the beginning :innocent:

You still needed the key with mine, it would not start on the key however, it actually prevented EVERYONE from starting the car :D, knowone ever thought to look up for a start button, even me at the beginning :innocent:

Bloody good idea. I might take this up and hide the ignition button somewhere.

Imagine having to turn the key, walk to the boot, and press the starter button there. :D

dont suppose u got a better resolution of the bottom pic? it wont open and id like to see in more detail, this is something I have been thinking about doing for a while :)

I am at work at the mo and have no better pics, let me see if I can find the thread where I posted some inside pics in hi res

• 3 months later...