The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wax for a black car

Duffman

Is there such a thing as a wax thats best suited to a black car(or any other colour)?

There are colour specific products, or is that polish?

Do a search mate as a lot of people recommend different stuff and it is down to personal choice really. Quite a few stuff recommended in other threads. :thumbs:

Is there such a thing as a wax specifically for a black car(or any other colour)?

There is one called fire something or other thats specifically for black cars.

To answer the question, yes there is, but i don't know what its called.

This the one?

Gloss Enhancing Polish is designed for newer vehicles or vehicles with a "like-new" finish. It is designed for enthusiasts desiring the deepest, wettest gloss. When used under BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection, it's pure magic! The combination of Gloss Enhancing Polish and Wet Diamond creates a liquid-like, wetness that looks like you could reach into the finish. This combination is especially stunning on black, red and dark colors but still shimmers on white, grey and silver finishes.

classic-motoring_2048_28189158.gif

Edited by kslb (see edit history)

This the one?

Gloss Enhancing Polish is designed for newer vehicles or vehicles with a "like-new" finish. It is designed for enthusiasts desiring the deepest, wettest gloss. When used under BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection, it's pure magic! The combination of Gloss Enhancing Polish and Wet Diamond creates a liquid-like, wetness that looks like you could reach into the finish. This combination is especially stunning on black, red and dark colors but still shimmers on white, grey and silver finishes.

Thats the stuff, so is that a wax then? The add kinda confused me lol.

Turtle wax do a good black polish which I like to use.

You like to use? how it works on english?;) anyway long way till summer so i will buy some 2morrow as i really need tan :D are you sure one Turtle its enought to be black or i will be need to use more? :D

Do you know more pets?! -i was just think to change colour of my hair. many thanks :cool:

Edited by Gabriella (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Dodo juice (Purple Haze, Blue Velvet) and Zymol both do waxes meant for dark/black coloured cars. I'm not entirely convinced by waxes that claim to be amazing on one specific colour though, if a wax is good it should be good on all colours. I'm using Dodo Supernatural at the mo.

http://www.detailingworld.com If you really want to get into it

Have seen Dodo Juice Purple Haze for £32...anyone know if it's worth the money?

Dodo Juice is a damn good wax, but in all honesty if you don't buy in to the market blurb you won't really find a wax 'designed' for a black car, even the makers of Dodo Juice admit that the thin layers will not produce any discernible colour difference (which is what the spiel is all about)

For what it's worth, I'd recommend Nattys Blue, Chemical Guys 50/50 or maybe some Zaino for a black car.

If you are interested, this is Chemical Guys 50/50 on my supra:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4700/img0031gl3.jpg

But don't forget, a lot of prep work is more important than what you slap over the top of it :D

Dodo Juice is a damn good wax, but in all honesty if you don't buy in to the market blurb you won't really find a wax 'designed' for a black car, even the makers of Dodo Juice admit that the thin layers will not produce any discernible colour difference (which is what the spiel is all about)

For what it's worth, I'd recommend Nattys Blue, Chemical Guys 50/50 or maybe some Zaino for a black car.

If you are interested, this is Chemical Guys 50/50 on my supra:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4700/img0031gl3.jpg

But don't forget, a lot of prep work is more important than what you slap over the top of it :D

Cars just had a full detail so paint is like glass

That looks the dogs mate :)

What website you buy from?

I tend to favour Chemical Guys so get all my stuff from the UK distributor, http://www.chemicalguysuk.com. Apart from that for other cleaning stuff I'll use http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ or http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/

If you are interested in buying from the CG site, the discount code DW1 can be applied for 5% off your order :thumbs:

If you car has had a full detail, then it'll look amazing with some good wax over the top of it :D

I use the meguires three step treatment.. paint compound and swirl remover, paint and deep shine polish, then carnuba wax treatment.. comes up exactly like the pic of that door a few posts further up.

Halfords have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment, i bought all three products and some buffing pads for £24 :)

Went for Dodo Juice Purple Haze lets hope it was worth the £32 :blink:

You'll get on fine with it mate, very easy to use. Just keep the coats thin and avoid returning to the jar as much as possible, a little will go a long way. And £32 is not expensive for a wax :) expecially when you consider you've recently paid out to have it detailed.

I use the meguires three step treatment.. paint compound and swirl remover, paint and deep shine polish, then carnuba wax treatment.. comes up exactly like the pic of that door a few posts further up.

Halfords have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment, i bought all three products and some buffing pads for £24 :)

The Meguiars 3 step process can produce reasonable results by hand, there are much better products you could use, but its not bad. The step 3 wax however has hardly any durability at all. After all the work of the first two steps you would do very well to invest in a good wax to top it off. Just my opinion.