The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ice install

dublin lad

probably up to 500 for now i would say

There isn't anyone who would do a custom install for that sort of money IMO. You could maybe get yourself a decent set of speakers, a decent sub and a decent amp for that money but thats about it.

If your looking for a seats out fibreglass custom install your going to be between 1 and 2k including the components.

You can you get a very good install for £500 if you take the time to do it your yourself and look in the right place for components, sub and amp :)

cheers man. i would harvest a go myself. the stuff can be second hand etc. only looking for new head unit speakers and amp. just really looking for something to start out on. if i sell some gadgets i can maybe stretch to 800ish. any ideas on where to look except halfords and ebay. my local motor factor can install a fly kit 2000watts speakers etc for 459 but not sure if its a good kinda make.

cheers man. i would harvest a go myself. the stuff can be second hand etc. only looking for new head unit speakers and amp. just really looking for something to start out on. if i sell some gadgets i can maybe stretch to 800ish. any ideas on where to look except halfords and ebay. my local motor factor can install a fly kit 2000watts speakers etc for 459 but not sure if its a good kinda make.

Car audio security is usually OK with prices.

Have a look at.....

Speaker brackets for the front £30ish

Focal components for the front £130

Focal Coaxials for the rear £90

Alpine SWR-1222D Sub £125

Apline 4ch Amp for Speakers £135

Apline Mono Amp for Sub £140

That'll cost you £650. Add in a half decent wiring kit and misc stuff, box etc etc and you will be about £700-£750.

Its better to just leave the seats in for a modest install. Have a go at it yourself, all you need to do is build a sub box. The rest is simple.

Car audio security is usually OK with prices.

Have a look at.....

Speaker brackets for the front £30ish

Focal components for the front £130

Focal Coaxials for the rear £90

Alpine SWR-1222D Sub £125

Apline 4ch Amp for Speakers £135

Apline Mono Amp for Sub £140

That'll cost you £650. Add in a half decent wiring kit and misc stuff, box etc etc and you will be about £700-£750.

Its better to just leave the seats in for a modest install. Have a go at it yourself, all you need to do is build a sub box. The rest is simple.

cheers bud. sounds good will have a look. my m8 is a joineer am sure he could make me a box.

Aberdeen. I've removed the rear seats, rear speakers, and rear seat belts in an attempt at weight saving as well, but i'm about to chuck 10 kg's worth of audio back in there.

am in aberdeen myself. stay in inverurie. is it difficult to remove rear seats. am pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff. unless it has wires i dont bother.:D

Its not bad for 99.99 but i thought you were after spending £500?

You have to be honest with your budget, we can only help out once we know how much your looking to spend.

You won't get good quality components in the bargain basement pile. You ALWAYS get what you pay for with audio equipment.

Aberdeen. I've removed the rear seats, rear speakers, and rear seat belts in an attempt at weight saving as well, but i'm about to chuck 10 kg's worth of audio back in there.

If your building a box i dare say it will weight a shed load more than 10kg :D

Its not bad for 99.99 but i thought you were after spending £500?

You have to be honest with your budget, we can only help out once we know how much your looking to spend.

You won't get good quality components in the bargain basement pile. You ALWAYS get what you pay for with audio equipment.

have not spent anything yet,but i have up to 500 as i said. am just looking at different prices etc. but it probably is to cheap. and as u said u only pay for what u get. i will keep scouting. cheers for advice

am in aberdeen myself. stay in inverurie. is it difficult to remove rear seats. am pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff. unless it has wires i dont bother.:D

It's dead easy, just a few bolts. You're the opposite of me, I tend to stay away from wires :giveup:

If your building a box i dare say it will weight a shed load more than 10kg :D

Damn :D I couldn't believe how heavy my 10'' Alpine Type R sub is. I've got a sheet of MDF I bought from B&Q but it's only about 3mm thick, I think I need to stop thinking about weight saving whilst building this install. :(

Damn :D I couldn't believe how heavy my 10'' Alpine Type R sub is. I've got a sheet of MDF I bought from B&Q but it's only about 3mm thick, I think I need to stop thinking about weight saving whilst building this install. :(

3mm is hopeless. If you want a box that won't explode during first use then you will need 18mm minimum :D

I got 2 sheets of MDF from B&Q 18mm and 9mm. 18mm for the box and 9mm for the amp rack.

Should weigh a fair bit when done lol.

Ach well that's what turbo's are for. I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything thicker than that... I picked it up, winced, and put it straight back down again! Is your install going in the boot or the back seats? What spec have you got so far?

Honestly, 3mm MDF won't do anything but fall apart. You don't even have any way of holding it together. Are you sure you mean 3mm as in --->_

Anyway....

Kicker 10" Square Sub

Vibe Square 6x9's

Kenwood 4ch amp

Kenwood 2ch amp

kenwood Mono Amp

I have 2 sets of 6" coax's in just now but future plans are Focal components in the front and coax's in the rear. I have all the other stuff already.