The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauge Pod Options

Scott

I'm looking at buying 4 52mm gauges all the same. What are my options for mounting them in the car? I have a facelift so the passenger airbag is in the way lol.

I was thinking of 2 on the A-pillar. What are my options for the other 2? Are the £40 pillar pods from ebay ok? I had a look for a triple but i couldn't find any.

The main thing is that i want it all neat and tidy. I have seen the ones that glue or screw onto the centre console but i don't fancy that much due to the wires etc.

If i could find a triple pod i could probably cut the gauges down to 3. I'm thinking EGT, AFR, Boost and Water but water is the least important.

I'm looking at buying 4 52mm gauges all the same. What are my options for mounting them in the car? I have a facelift so the passenger airbag is in the way lol.

I was thinking of 2 on the A-pillar. What are my options for the other 2? Are the £40 pillar pods from ebay ok? I had a look for a triple but i couldn't find any.

The main thing is that i want it all neat and tidy. I have seen the ones that glue or screw onto the centre console but i don't fancy that much due to the wires etc.

If i could find a triple pod i could probably cut the gauges down to 3. I'm thinking EGT, AFR, Boost and Water but water is the least important.

I have one where the vent in the centre console is...looks neat and tirdy in there. As for the other 3...

One in the clock space. Maybe could do away with the two which locate the air temp/flow. And possibly one in the other vent at the right hand side of the wheel (not sure about his one but just a suggestion)

I have one where the vent in the centre console is...looks neat and tirdy in there. As for the other 3...

One in the clock space. Maybe could do away with the two which locate the air temp/flow. And possibly one in the other vent at the right hand side of the wheel (not sure about his one but just a suggestion)

Yeah thats where my boost gauge is at the moment. Trouble is it will only take 60mm gauges without major modification. I have a facelift so i'm not sure on taking the clock out for a gauge. I might just make do with the 3 gauges :)

Yeah thats where my boost gauge is at the moment. Trouble is it will only take 60mm gauges without major modification. I have a facelift so i'm not sure on taking the clock out for a gauge. I might just make do with the 3 gauges :)

3 gauge prob is the best option bud...that was just me trying to be inventive :)

Piccies, let me know if you would like more

Ideally would like to change for a 2 pod (or even 1 pod) but if not I paid £70 for it so make me an offer

EDIT: Pics not coming up very big, PM me an e-mail address if interested and I will send higher res photos

A Piller 1.JPG

A Piller 2.JPG

Whifbitz do a Glovebox replacement cover which will allow 3 guages to be mounted and angled to be pointed towards the driver slightly.

It's also in Carbon fibre and looks :cool:

As per my first post though, i have an airbag as its a facelift.

Cheers

I have the carbon one that whitbitz sell to go with my 3 defi's :D cant wait to fit it.

Scott i would say go for the pod that replaces the passenger airbag :)

Don't think the wife (passenger) would like that much lol.