The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got one! :)

deathmonkey

My 2nd new member post, but this time, I actually have a Supra!

I finally got one today.

It's been linked a few times, but I got a chance to have a look, and I fell in love with it. The guys at the dealership were class, and told me everything that was wrong with it (little tiny stone marks etc) and I was so glad that I found people who were genuine with me.

It's a GZ Aerotop, silver, and it absolutely scares me! lol!

It'll take some getting used to, but it definitely deserves some respect.

Thanks to everyone who helped in the topics that I've created.

Andy.

Anyway, here's a pic.

DSC02139.jpg

Cheers guys, I absolutely love it. It felt like I was driving fast when I er... wasn't! haha. Definitely needs some getting used to, and I'll certainly be taking it easy for a good while.

Fair to say I had a good smile on my face as I drove away. :)

I just hope this weather continues!

oooohh... I like those wheels, any idea what make and model they are??

Oh yeah, :welcome:

Hi mate,

They're made by 'Radius', and these ones are 19"s.

I think it's the 'R6' model - http://www.motorspeed.com/store_main.asp?int_catalog_id=7&int_category_id=74&int_subcategory_id=0&int_product_id=2632

I don't think that's the cheapeast place, but it was the first search result on google! Hope that helps.

Andy.

:D

I love Supra's in black, but the one I was looking at before which was black got sold just before I could view it. Wasn't an aerotop either.

So I'll happily settle for a silver aerotop :).

I'd rather have a silver GZ Aero than a black hardtop. Even though we don't have that many sunny days in the UK, it's worth it :)

Looks lovely :) I hope it gives you many years of proud and happy ownership!

Thank you mate.

I'd rather have a silver GZ Aero than a black hardtop. Even though we don't have that many sunny days in the UK, it's worth it :)

Yeah true, it's not like it's a soft cloth cover, it's a good sturdy panel!

... and we're due a good UK summer! Especially with this early promise, so fingers crossed the top will be off a lot in the summer! (cheeky!) :)

Get yourself some good tyres on those 19s as they can screw up the handling mate and good tyres are essential on a Supra, especially with a user name like yours :)

Haha, yeah, you're right!

I couldn't believe how nice the ride is. I have a Cupra R also, lowered, and it's so harsh, but I've just got used to it over the years.

I expected the 19's to make the Supra just as/if not more harsh, but the ride is unbelievably.... 'civilised' (that's a good word!)

Honestly, I was so pleasantly surprised.

And I was also very very happy with the standard exhaust after having a very loud one for years. I am aware if I wanted to go the BPU route though, that'd be changed. But that's down the line, for now I'm just going to take it easy and enjoy the Supra I have. :)

Nice one.... hopefully my search for one won't last too long. I've looked at so many naff ones now I'm starting to the think all the good ones out there are going to stay with their current owners.

Nice looking car, congratulations. Not normally a huge fan of silver, but that just looks lovely. Happy driving :)

Nice one.... hopefully my search for one won't last too long. I've looked at so many naff ones now I'm starting to the think all the good ones out there are going to stay with their current owners.

Nice looking car, congratulations. Not normally a huge fan of silver, but that just looks lovely. Happy driving :)

Hey, thanks for the comments.

Just keep looking mate, I got messed around on a few viewings, but luckily, the one I actually wanted I went to look at asap, and luckily enough I found a good example, with good people telling me exactly what was what with the car, and decided it was the one for me.

What exactly are you looking for? Maybe some of us can help?

Moral of the story is, just keep looking, you'll find one and you wont regret it when you do, been smiling all day!

Thanks. Yeah hopefully my luck will change soon :)

I'm ideally looking for a Black or Metallic Grey 6 speed TT, but would settle for another colour if it was the right car. I'm preferably looking for one that looks fairly stock without too many mods. Don't mind wheels, exhaust etc but don't want anything with any extensive engine modifications just through past bad experiences buying modded cars.

Fingers crossed :)