The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've gone and done something really stupid this time...

j_jza80

After a few too many on Saturday night, i've managed to lose my only key to my Supra.

Thankfully I have a spare key fob, so I can open the car. Does anyone know if there is a code hidden somewhere to have a key cut?

I took the lower dash panel off and it revealed a few numbers on a sticker on the bottom of the ignition, but apparently none of these numbers are relevent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the rest of my fleet is currently declared SORN :( , and I don't like walking to work. :D

Go to your local Toyota dealer with vin code and he will sort it for you :) about £25 when i got a 2nd key after getting paranoid about only having the 1 key :D

If i remember it took about 5 days to deliver but worked straight away even on a 14 year old barrel :)

There's an excellent locksmiths in Denton, near Stockport, called Keyways, that will cut a key off say the glovebox lid lock. Speaking of glovebox lid locks, they often have the key code stamped into them, and are easy to get and remove on most cars, certainly easier than a door, boot or hatch lock. If you ask at the key office at any big car auction near you they'll know of a good lock smiths.

Right, all sorted :)

I found that the easiest way to sort this out (without spending £140 + vat for a full set of locks from Mr T :blink: ) was to take the lock barrel from the boot to my locksmiths and have them cut a key. The codes on the lock barrels are not enough.

The morale of the story is to have a spare key. I now have 2 spares.