The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supercharger Project

madmarf

hey all,

Just thought i would start a thread to let everyone know how the supercharger project comes along.

well all planning has been done and parts are flying in.

anything purchased i have crossed out, heres the list,

Eaton M112 supercharger with charge coolers

Walbro Fuel Pump

BOV

Cam Pulleys (vernias)

E-manage with sensors and harness

650cc OR 720 cc injectors

custom bonnet

all custom pipeing for the coolers and intake

all custom mounting

custom crank pulley

whatever belt im going to need (size depending on finnish mount)

all starting to come along nicely.

as some of you know i had my n/a dyno this weekend at the AFR meet, courtesy of matt :salute: we pulled an impressive 227 bhp @ the fly which im extremely pleased with. the only mod is a Blitz Nur cat back exhaust.

ill be pulling the engine this week to give it a thorough inspection and then refit.

anyone who has any of the parts please feel free to contact me as id rather pay good second hand for a 1st project just incase ;)

jez

eaton 1.jpg

eaton 2.jpg

eaton 3.jpg

eaton 4.jpg

walbro.jpg

Edited by madmarf (see edit history)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man! us N/A drivers need power

If you're after power then superchargers aren't the way to go. It would be a nice alternative to TT power though, but rather a pricey option compared to just buying a TT in the first place.

Love to see one of these projects finishe though.

I think "Animal" was the last person to fail on the supercharger idea. Hope you see yours through Marf

Good luck, always interesting supercharger projects. Never seem to have ever really worked before though.

Should make some good TT equivelent power there without turbo lag.

What you hoping to achieve?

Around 450bhp :) hopefully

OOOOOOOOOOOOo here we go again!

Someone must be able to make this work on a N/A.

Whats the cost of the kit looking at? What kind of power are you looking to end with?

Come on man! us N/A drivers need power

lol :D

the whole lot im hoping to do in under £2000 but may push slightly over. but have no fear its all started and WILL be finnished :)

If you're after power then superchargers aren't the way to go. It would be a nice alternative to TT power though, but rather a pricey option compared to just buying a TT in the first place.

Love to see one of these projects finishe though.

I think "Animal" was the last person to fail on the supercharger idea.

Good point but why buy "Another" TT, why not be different ;)

cheers all for the support :):)

Are there was me taking your seriously!

whys that? you have doubts? if you go down the vortech route etc etc then your looking at £5000++++

this is to see what can be done and see the way it responds to it, wait for my next one if this goes ok, TT with supercharger :) and that can be done also lol

cheers though bud

It may be ambitious, but he will be doing all the work himself. I think the budget was for all the parts involved. :)

yes andrew, all parts and all tuning (once i butter dude and matt up with some alcohol spiked engine oil :D)

but all labour and time etc will be done by me.

whys that? you have doubts? if you go down the vortech route etc etc then your looking at £5000++++

this is to see what can be done and see the way it responds to it, wait for my next one if this goes ok, TT with supercharger :) and that can be done also lol

cheers though bud

Just very very ambitious mate that's all. Seen these threads come and go over the years so can't help but be skeptical at your budget to achieve 450bhp on the N/A engine.

I hope you make it mate but I cant help thinking 450hp is quite a target for SC'ing the GE. I hope you don't make it as if you do it means I'll be all over egay looking for one of those SC's:)

lol, once done ill sure see whos quicker off the line lol.

and once done i may look at kits for people, i got that SC at an absolute bargain, fully refurbed aswell. they usualy go for around $2900, but lets see what happens first.

Edited by madmarf (see edit history)

Just very very ambitious mate that's all. Seen these threads come and go over the years so can't help but be skeptical at your budget to achieve 450bhp on the N/A engine.

this ones here to stay, the only thing that will stop me is a melted piston but im sure that wont happen as AFR are tuning it. its good to be sceptical, i like pos and negs ;)