The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manual or auto non turbo

dublin lad

manual ftw, you will have soo much more fun and you can drive so much better with a manual and a little practice!

i second that. autos are pooooooooooo nothing better than a supe engine sounding off at high revs, autos change to early.

:spank:, Auto's are very good, when you learn how to use Manu mode.

i second that. autos are pooooooooooo nothing better than a supe engine sounding off at high revs, autos change to early.

A question needs to be asked:

Have you driven an NA auto? If you have and compared it to a manual then fine. If not you could be jumping the gun a bit to be fair.

I have an auto and find it perfect for a daily drive. I do wish on occassion that it was a manual, until I put it into manu mode or use the overdrive then I'm more than satisfied.

But it's personal prefferance. Try both before buying:)

My NA-TT conversion will be done next week and I can see myself getting another NA auto at some point for the daily drive:)

Oh, and the little red button is brilliant I'm told. I never have found out what it does though. If only there was a thread where the question had been asked....;)

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

Its not the question, its as if your asking just for the sake of asking. It seems very random.

Is it the final drive ratio's you want to know? The power comes from the engine, not the gearbox. Do you mean the transmission losses? It seems that if the question was answered to its fullest the answer would be lost on you as you don't seem to understand the question yourself.

I'll always try to help out, but try helping yourself first. You could spend an entire day in the tech section finding out pretty much everything you need to know. If you use the search i dare say you would find what you are asking right now.

Its not the question, its as if your asking just for the sake of asking. It seems very random.

Is it the final drive ratio's you want to know? The power comes from the engine, not the gearbox. Do you mean the transmission losses? It seems that if the question was answered to its fullest the answer would be lost on you as you don't seem to understand the question yourself.

I'll always try to help out, but try helping yourself first. You could spend an entire day in the tech section finding out pretty much everything you need to know. If you use the search i dare say you would find what you are asking right now.

as i said am a first time owner of a supra just wanted to make sure i made right choice etc. mine only seems to hit about 115 or so. are these restricted to that speed. or is there a thread i can look at on the whole aspect of my 5speed manual.

cheers for any help. i dont mean to come across as being thick

as i said am a first time owner of a supra just wanted to make sure i made right choice etc. mine only seems to hit about 115 or so. are these restricted to that speed. or is there a thread i can look at on the whole aspect of my 5speed manual.

cheers for any help. i dont mean to come across as being thick

See now your talking. There is a limiter on stock J-Spec supra's. They are limited to a legitimate 112mph. This will show a reading of between 115 and 120 on your speedo.

You can get your car de-limited so that this restriction is removed.

As for if you made the right choice, noone elses opinion is a factor in this. It is solely down to you and what you think. I think the manual is the best. A lot of the guys who use their supra's as daily drivers find the Auto much more suitable. Its all a matter of perspective and everyones is different.

If everyone answered saying they didn't like the manual would that mean you have made the wrong choice? Of course not, its always a possibility regardless of popularity. The question of auto vs manual is age old, there is no definitive answer, its as simple as that.

I test drove an auto TT back in 2000. It was incredible. It was also a low miler and £28000 (S reg IIRC) I bought a 6spTT in the end, but the auto was not a disappointment. (I ignorantly thought it would be a bit sh!t)

cheers scot. do u know where i can get it delimited and new dials etc. i am very happy with the purchase and its going to be fun driving her about. its needs a little work.

spoiler needs resprayed little flaky on the bottom

need a nearside headlight (slightly discolored)

a new clutch i think (sometimes when i put the foot down the car just revs itself)

other than that it needs a service and bingo another happy supra owner

cheers scot. do u know where i can get it delimited and new dials etc. i am very happy with the purchase and its going to be fun driving her about. its needs a little work.

spoiler needs resprayed little flaky on the bottom

need a nearside headlight (slightly discolored)

a new clutch i think (sometimes when i put the foot down the car just revs itself)

other than that it needs a service and bingo another happy supra owner

You don't need new dials. When you get the converter/delimiter you just put a "MPH" sticker over the "KMH" one, job done.