The mkiv Supra Owners Club

non turbo to single turbo conversion

ray007

Hi guys,

I have just picked up a single turbo kit for my non-turbo. I still need to get a few more parts i.e. Plug-n-play ecu, Headgasket set, valve cover set, back box, and a loud blow off valve.

anyone know where i can get these parts cheap?

also can i just get the ecu mapped or do I need a piggyback ecu - whats more reliable and cheaper.

also, would you recommed a clutch and gearbox change? how much can the current ones handle?

You will need an EMU, you will also need a very good tuner to fit this, fix the manifold, map the EMU etc

The T04R is a big turbo and only really comes into its own beyond 1bar, by this time you will be beyond 400bhp and this is no good for an NA 5 speed box, this was always going to be the issue with this kit

You will need an EMU, you will also need a very good tuner to fit this, fix the manifold, map the EMU etc

The T04R is a big turbo and only really comes into its own beyond 1bar, by this time you will be beyond 400bhp and this is no good for an NA 5 speed box, this was always going to be the issue with this kit

:yeahthat:

If you are going to run any sort of worthwhile boost then you will need to upgrade the gearbox, iirc the car the kit came off broke 2 NA gearbox's in short time.

Guest Luiz Pinheiro

Whats the matter with going over 400bhp, please dont tell me its the gpm....lol should of bought a hyundai matiz instead....lol

just playing, but you should of done a better research before buying the turbo kit. The information that there is on this forum is incredible...!

Rgds,

Guest HSKSUPRA

hey everyone just bought a non turbo my 1st time its an auto and totally standard car..any tips for it to push abit more or can i jus remap it?...thanks:)

hey everyone just bought a non turbo my 1st time its an auto and totally standard car..any tips for it to push abit more or can i jus remap it?...thanks:)

Welcome.

You can't remap the car effectively. The best way to get power out of an N/A is to drop a TT engine in it, all the other mods don't release a lot of power at all.

Using the search function on the site is a good start to avoid asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

Start a new thread with pics of your car :)

• 3 weeks later...