Should I do this or not?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do this or not?

• YES
    • NO
    • Don't give a rats arse

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=2357779#post2357779

I'll get moaned at but hey:p

I will soon be offering a exchange dash service. I will have a complete dash, Manual/Auto in primer and ready to be painted.

All you will have to do is tell me what colour(colour code) and send me your dash + payment. After I have received your dash (in good order) +payment I will send your new painted dash out next day recorded. So you will not be without your dash for ages while it gets prepped and painted.

Feel free to PM any questions or suggestions.

The cost should be around £250

Thanks

Dave:)

Edited by Kranz
Threads merged (see edit history)

£250? To paint the dash? Seems a bit steep to me. I know your work is first class though so good luck with it :)

No That is to strip it prep it prime it flat it,buy the paint/laquer/primer/paper and polishing stuff. Spray it polish it and send it next day delivered to your door.

I'd say its quite cheap.

;)

Do they not have the coating? Dont get me wrong its a cheaper way of doing it but I wouldn't do it myself again and would be happy for Dave to do a propper proffesional job on it, his work is second to none:)

Na, no hassle doing the facelifts. A rub down, some high build primer, flatten, paint, flatten, paint, flatten then lacquer.

Job done :)

I will soon be offering a exchange dash service. I will have a complete dash, Manual/Auto in primer and ready to be painted.

All you will have to do is tell me what colour(colour code) and send me your dash + payment. After I have received your dash (in good order) +payment I will send your new painted dash out next day recorded. So you will not be without your dash for ages while it gets prepped and painted.

Feel free to PM any questions or suggestions.

The cost should be around £250

Thanks

I can't understand why you're asking this particular question. :)

Why would anyone vote "no" ? :blink:

Do you want to know how many would be interested in getting their dashboards painted? :eyebrows:

Well Apart from being told its too expensive I thought I'd let the members tell me if I'm wasting my time or not. I don't care if no body has this done as I am busy enough, but thought it would be a good and helpful thing to do. Maybe not:rolleyes:

If you want a 1st class finish a proper finish on the pre facelift dash this is the only way to go about it (aside from ordering new ones, which will cost as much and will still be prone to damage).

The prep work involved is incredibly time consuming for this let alone a professional respray with 'proper' paint. Go for it Dave :)

I'm suprised at eight voting for "Don't give a rats arse". :blink:

Can we now make the poll public? :eyebrows:

I thought the price was a little high too but I'm sure it's proportionate to the work involved, I can imagine more than a few on here having a go of this and making a right mess of it. :innocent:

Edited by merckx (see edit history)