The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what are the best manifolds for single upgrade?

Guest daz 6576

Guest daz 6576

looking at getting a good manifold and would like a bit of advice. to take about 600 bhp.

ive just destroyed mine cus it was a cheap 1

Personally speaking Boostlogic every time, never had a problem.

My BL cracked twice, swapped it for a cast manifold, much neater and the spool is much, much better, and throttle response is also far superior. I would never use a tubular again!

I saw no upper end power loss either, as that has been mentioned about cast, but sub 700hp, I don't see it as an issue at all.

Boostlogic for me too. Ive had mine for years now. I probably do less than 10,000 miles a year but a lot of these miles are covered with a heavy right foot!It still has the same colour of powder coat it had when it was new.

Kean at Boostlogic is a nice guy and will help most people out if he can.

i have a tubular manifold but i have come to the conclusion unless you are looking for 650+ hp they are an expensive waste of time, go for a cast manifold and as allready mentioned you will also gain better spool, i have a Treadstone Performance one sat in the garage waiting to go on

It doesn't matter what tube manifold you buy, if the exhaust system and manifold plus turbo are not adequately braced and supported, they will eventually crack from fatigue, stainless is very prone to fatigue fractures, more so than mild steel, but both will crack when subject to excess vibration/stress.

Cast will put up with a lot more abuse thats why manufactures use it;)

cast, cast, cast... lol

i have had both and rate them on performance as well as durability... they are also smaller and less of a heat radiator...

put your foot down at 2000 on a tubular and nothing happens, on a cast power starts to bite and it makes for a much better car..

Edited by Mike B (see edit history)

Ive not gone down the whole single route as quite frankly cant be bothered with the hassle and expense that is sometimes involved. However I did at one point have most of the parts for a single conversion which included arnouts manifold and associated wastegate flanges and fittings and re-routed pipe for the wastegate to feed back into the exhaust. I personally dont see there being much difference between the two manifolds and for me, the extra durability of the cast manifold sold it for me