The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lill bit of a somewhat obvious warning regarding ebay bits...

SMiFFAD

Evening all... i recently fitted an ebay special FMIC... which im happy to say isnt the subject of this as its actually very good for what i paid for it. It did however have some knock on effects, one being the pipe work getting in the way of the original air box.

To get me around this and get the car moving (its currently off the road anyway) i bought a cheapo induction kit and pipe work, in the hope it would atleast be the bare bones i could knock into shape and add a cold feed to at a later date.

Its turned up, and its clearly never designed to fit a supra!

This is the image on the ebay add:

Now i didnt spot this untill now, but since when did the supra have a MAF?! mine certainly doesnt yet the one in the photo appears to, which is a key ingredient in getting this kit to work :blink:

The kit consists of a nice shiney pipe, two of the worst rubebr hoses ive ever come across, and four crap clamps that dont actually fit over the afore mentioned hoses... which makes fitting even harder!

Anyway, avoid "2fast2cool2" on ebay, ill get my money back on this, but thought id save others the trouble, clearly they have never come into contact with a supra...:(

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it? Is the metal pipe you mention the one coming from the top of the engine all the way down? I'm looking for one of those to replace the black plastic one.

If its worth it i may just get the kit for that pipe and sell the filter on :)

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it? Is the metal pipe you mention the one coming from the top of the engine all the way down? I'm looking for one of those to replace the black plastic one.

This is the thing... it was £30 plus postage the pipe and filter actually look quite good! Almost considering getting another bit of pipe, couple of samco's and some mikalor clamps!

Is eeeeeeeeeeear:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220363670197

Thats exactly what i did mate, i paid i think £32 delivered. Like said prevoiusly the rubber hoses are shocking. I replaced with 2 samco 45 degree elbows and also needed a joiner to make it fit straight onto my blitz soinc power induction. But I had no problems with the fit of this. :)

Thats exactly what i did mate, i paid i think £32 delivered. Like said prevoiusly the rubber hoses are shocking. I replaced with 2 samco 45 degree elbows and also needed a joiner to make it fit straight onto my blitz soinc power induction. But I had no problems with the fit of this. :)

What were the clamps like? Mine wont go over the thin rubber pipes!

Well ive managed to get it to fit "for now" using some of the old pipe work and clamps as well. The shiney pipe and filter are probably worth £30 on their own, but im going to insist the supply me with the right clamps or they will be getting nasty feedback. The camps have up to 76 stamped on them.. which is great but the pipes 76 not the rubber!

It does hoever sound fapping awesome :D just needs a tidy up at some point.

update...

Came to an agreement with too fast too cool to refund what ive spent on new clamps, so they have a reprieve! :cool:

Contacted the ebay company who supplied my fmic, who have been mosthelp full in supplying me with new silicone hoses and clamps for the induction kit:

attachment.php?attachmentid=91895&stc=1&d=1241204852

sup.jpg

Edited by SMiFFAD (see edit history)

That actually looks pretty nice, I was thinking about buying one of those kits a couple weeks ago. Do you know if they have changed what comes in the kit so that they fit?

I know not... i did recommend to them either stating that its a kit for UK cars, or including a straight pipe in the kit for those without MAF's. Wether they do or not is up to them!

In total i think this has cost me about £70, which isn't bad (£50 being the new bits ontop of the kit!) The only bits of the ebay kit remaining are the actual filter - which to all intensive purposes looks ideantical to the make up of a K&N, and the 45 degree shiney pipe.

This is where i got all the extra pipe work from: http://www.jperformance.co.uk/

Very helpfull bunch, cheaper than samco etc, they gave me trade prices as id already bought an FMIC off them :cool:

Edited by SMiFFAD (see edit history)

• 2 months later...