The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz in a caterham

brians25

hi guys, i am buying an unfinished caterham as a summer project, as it stands it has no engine and drive train, do you think it would be possible to fit in a twin turbo an box from a supra, does anyone know if this has been done before, don't really wanna go down the vauxhall redtop road or cosworth, thinkin big power an low overal weight+plenty fun

Or the K20 Civic Type R Engine, remember they use that in the Ariel Atom! I would guess be more easier to work on an fit & also a lot lighter than a 2jz.

I put a H22a (Came out of a prelude) in my old civic coupe, was slightly heavy but the power that it delivered was amazing!

Chevy LS series V8 would be a good choice for massive power due to relatively low weight.

I don't think a 2JZ is impossible (there was one at Elvington a few times with a Jag v12 :eyebrows: ) But certainly not the most practical engine for one. A Subaru or Porsche boxer engine would probably make for a good project.

What about a 200SX SR20DET engine?

There is a Westfield getting built right now on SXOC with said engine.

Here are some pics,

Fitted the flywheel:-

Then came the fun task of fitting the gearbox down the tunnel :indiff: anyhow after a bit of chopping it went it.

Gear shifter location:-

Edited by jamesmark (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drlee

we had a caterham here with blackbird engine in,it was awesome,the upside of bike engine is u get a six speed sequential in with the job,it was sooooo much fun,and reletevely inexpensive to build,,powerplant and tranny all in one,busa would b the one. d