The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wide bodykit vs standard bodykit on a 'spoilerless' supra

SupraRider

Hey folks,

I'm having a big dilemma about this subject which has been battling my head for many weeks! I've got a silver supra and I'm searching high and low for a bodykit that will suit my car.

Because I'm going for the 'spoilerless' look, I'm contemplating between a wide bodykit and a standard bodykit look.

If anybody who has got a spoilerless supra in this forum, can you please post up some pics of your car? Both widebody kits and standard bodykits.

Thanks everyone!

Three Letters!!!

T R D

two words,

bloody expensive!

give me what i paid in bodywork, paint, wheels and tyres over the past 5 years and you can have my TRD kit, and the car its attached to for free! :D

my advice for anyone considering wide arch, buy a supra with the kit already on, all of the benefit and none of the pain.

yes I totally agree..it seemed like a job for the rich! not for me I'm afraid...just had a look at some websites that sells these wide bodykits and its crazy money!

of course then you also have to consider the amount of work the bodyshop will charge you for!

by the sound of it, I think perhaps standard bodykits will be the way to go for the poor not so rich person like me. (maybe some of us can all attest to this?)

SO>>>> how about this? standard bodykit with front and rear fenders on without the spoiler. does anybody have a pic of their car with my description? also, has anybody have experience on how much is involved with fitting the fenders plus front bumper and side skirts? and is there a particular brand of fenders to with a particular front bumper and side skirts or can this be mixed and matched?

SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS!!

Heres mine de wing'd :D TRD widebody kit

As Al says if you go down this route prepare for some stress and a large chunk of cash dissapearing from your wallet, make me an offer i cant refuse and you can have mine :D

seen this car in person and it looks mint!

i have a ful JDL kit on mine spoirless looks really good.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=14411&d=1238286176

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=14405&d=1238286140

the rear arches do get wider with the jdl kit, heres mine while i was doing it:-

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=11927&d=1212965791

Edited by adnanshah247 (see edit history)