The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Put a price on my pain!

Greenauto

Hi Guys,

Its a question loads of people have asked, and I don't want to have to but I have a feeling it's inevitable.

I'm moving down to Cornwall soon with my girlfriend but will still be working offshore and up in our Aberdeen office for 1 week out of each month. I can't afford to have the Sup sitting idle outside my flat for 3 weeks, attracting the wrong kind of attention, and need something practical for down south to carry kayaks, surf boards, snowboards and the like.

I don't want to sell her, but what sort of price do folk reckon I'd get for her?

Details:

N reg - personal plate

N/A - Auto

Factory Green

111,000 km = 69K miles

MOT'd today, Taxed till 'Sep

Fairly clean car with only a few dings (got to be honest as she isn't totally pristine)

Bodywork is completely standard

Full jap style exhaust - will be quiet, but will supply full decat kit in sale

18" alloys (little bit scuffed but would look good as new with a re-furb)

Ohh... she's got the bigger Turbo brakes on her, callipres have all been painted too so look brand new

Leather seats

Bluetooth Sony headunit + upgraded Fusion speakers

For pics please see my garage.

If you can think of any other important info I've missed out please note.

Just looking for a figure at the moment.

Deeply saddened

Dave

Edited by Greenauto (see edit history)

No don't do it!!!! There is few enough of us in this area already! I am also sad to say the money you would get at the moment for it will not be good so just keep it. Rent a garage in town and store it for your visits back up north.

You still going to NEMS?

Keith,

I know mate, I washed her last night ready for going in for her MOT and have to admit I really don't want to give her up. It just might not be practical to keep her. There's no doubt that there's nothing better than climbing in and going for a burn, but the money is whats kicking my arse right now with moving.

I'm gonna be offshore for the NEMS if our scheduling doesn't change (doesn't look promising). I'm really p*ssed off as it looks like it'll be a good crowd!

Matt,

Yeah I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see anything over 2k max for her in the current climate, if that.

Sad times!

All thats missing is a manual box for it to be a 4-5k car. I agree with the above, 3.5k should see it sell for 3k.

The 5spd manuals go for next to nothing so the change would be fairly cheap if the new owner wanted a manual. It looks like a mint car buddy, good luck with the sale.

Whether I'm still running her or not, I can always say I've owned one.

My problem is I'm never going to find another car that will live up to the Supra now.

I wanted one for so long and now i have one i think unless i win the lottery your right :( I keep talking about selling and buying something newer but i just cant do it .

Hope you get good money for it mate , god forbid you actually have to go through with the sale .