The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new supra owner

Guest n0Odle

Guest n0Odle

hello everyone,

im a newly supra owner, 1998 tt 6spd 31k miles. i finally obtained my dream car ive always wanted since the mark 4 was released! im glad to of found a good forum to help me with my many questions!

check it out :D

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

thank you much! do i have to pay membership fee in order to put my own avatar in? and signature?

Yeah, there are a few other benefits also :)

I'm curious about your car buddy. Was it an import? I was under the impression the UK and US versions were the same and they ceased making them in 1996.

I'm curious about your car buddy. Was it an import? I was under the impression the UK and US versions were the same and they ceased making them in 1996.

Nope 1996 UK 1999 US and 2002 Japan

Guest n0Odle

it was born in america, last of them too (LHD)

there were four states in USA that they were not aloud to be sold in, in 1998

For 1998, the radio and steering wheel were redesigned once again. The naturally aspirated engine was enhanced with VVT-i which raised the output by 5 hp (4 kW; 5 PS) and 10 ft·lbf (14 N·m) of torque. The turbo model was not available in California, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts due to increased emission regulations.

Sales to Canada were ceased in 1997 (there were no 1996 Supras), and in the US in 1998. Production continued in Japan until August 2002, ceasing due to restrictive emission standards to be adhered to by 2003.

is what i pulled up on wikipedia. i thought they stopped on the "Limited Edition 15th Anniversary" as well. But i saw this one and had to buy it knowning it was the last of my baby. :innocent:

Guest n0Odle

i dont think there is a 1999 toyota supra state side... if there is, i havnt found a site (state base) that has the parts for it nor registration *shrugs* could be wrong, could be one of those rare one offs... USA is werid like that..

it was born in america, last of them too (LHD)

there were four states in USA that they were not aloud to be sold in, in 1998

For 1998, the radio and steering wheel were redesigned once again. The naturally aspirated engine was enhanced with VVT-i which raised the output by 5 hp (4 kW; 5 PS) and 10 ft·lbf (14 N·m) of torque. The turbo model was not available in California, New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts due to increased emission regulations.

Sales to Canada were ceased in 1997 (there were no 1996 Supras), and in the US in 1998. Production continued in Japan until August 2002, ceasing due to restrictive emission standards to be adhered to by 2003.

is what i pulled up on wikipedia. i thought they stopped on the "Limited Edition 15th Anniversary" as well. But i saw this one and had to buy it knowning it was the last of my baby. :innocent:

Learn something new everyday. Are the headlights on yours glass? Are any of the US ones glass?

Guest n0Odle
Learn something new everyday. Are the headlights on yours glass? Are any of the US ones glass?

i assume so. they holigan headlights

i could be wrong though. im still learning about this car :).

the wear on them makes me believe they are glass vs plastic