The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension

Kammy

Hi Peeps

I need some help with the suspension.

I have a Jspec NA and I read somewhere that the suspension lags under hard accelaration etc.

I have fitted 265/40/18's on the rear and these catch the arches on bumps and corners.

I don't really want to lower the car as I think the tyres fill the arches nicely as it is. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening. I was thinking along the lines of trying to fit TT shocks/springs. will these fit my car?

Alternatively, as the suspension is potentially 14 years old, will it be better to just buy new springs/shocks?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kam

265/40 is slightly larger than the stock diameter. 265/35 should give you the same rolling diameter as stock.

However, that said, there should be plenty of room for the 40 profile tyre.

Sounds like your suspesion is already too low.

Sorry but what do you mean by what wheels am I using, tyres or alloys? or width?

Kam

The style..iam thinking the offset will have an affect too, but as its also been pointed out it does sound like your rear springs have become very week.

If you not sure what "offset" is you can do a search above...sorry i don't mean to sound patronising:)

The style..iam thinking the offset will have an affect too, but as its also been pointed out it does sound like your rear springs have become very week.

Do you reckon I should try som new springs on the rear and if so, are the tt ones stiffer/lower and will they fit?