The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre logos in white

Justin

hahaha cool :D

I used to do this on my very first car, you would get a pen that had the white paint type stuff and just go over the text on the sidewall.

You had to re-do it around once a month for it to look fresh and new.

I too loved this, I must of got it from the TV too, prolly off some american cars or race cars ??

I did this years ago on my old Astra SRi - looked cool actually, I've got a pic somewhere, I'll try and scan it in tonight.

I'm with HISUP on this, would like to see on the car first before even thinking about this ..... plus I'm sure I'll get RICER thrown at me from a certain member if I did this :)

Originally posted by Supragal

Looks well cool. Lets see how it looks on a supe then!!

Justin said he'll post pics up next week, far too long to wait :(

Soooo - just found this pic which I had a quick play with - couldn't do the whole tyre as I can't see the writing clear enough, the Goodyear bit was the only part I could see to fill in.

http://www.mwhite.dsl.pipex.com/ImgMisc/whitetyre.jpg

Whatcha reckon?

Well yeah, in a racing car with loads of other stickers it looks okay... mainly because it gets lost in with all the other writing!

It looks totally naff on a standard Supra though. Why not go the whole hog - paint it orange, fit a 'comedy' tune horn, stick a southern flag on the roof and call yourself Bo (or Luke) Duke.

Hmmmm. Wonder if it would get Daisy Duke into the car though...

trivia - she had her legs insured for $3 million

OK here's an on car close up.

The block of wood is chocking the fronts coz the rear is on axle stands. This also explains why there is a huge gap between the arches and the wheels.

I like it, looks sporty :)

(Outatime you got a long memory mate :) But it is real this time. You can laugh at it in the flesh on Sunday when I'm tearing down the runway at 160 and the paint flakes fly off :D

my wheel.jpg