The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just got a new TC with 4000 stall

MONKEYmark

my new torque converter came today from Powerhouse Racing.

bought a new Precision Industries 4000 stall torque convertor.

my last one has gone faulty. i had been thinking of going for a higher stall than my last TC. going to get my other TC off car and sent back to america and upgrade it from 3600 to 4000 stall and keep it as a spare with spare auto box i have.

just wanted to say i have had some great service from jarret at Powerhouse Racing, he does not mind helping you out and replys to all emails. also dusty at MVP is very good too.

just trying to source other parts for my long term plans.

i love the $ rate at the moment, better value for money

hi adam

i bought it from power house racing and thought it was one of there branded spec

this new one come in a Precision Industries box. when my gearbox went it had broke a smal peice of metal in the internal gearbox pump. it slightly scored the TC neck had it polished out and new gearbox pump from my spare UK gearbox was swopped onto my JAP gearbox. it was all fitted back together then thats when i noticed it would not do a powerbrake. revs would go up to 3000 then drop back down to 2500 then back up to 3000.

so to save the messing about i bought a higher 4000 stall. then get my faulty TC sent back and upgraded.

been told you can not upgrade the stock TC by much so dont think its worth doing anything with.

i know long term i will need something like the BL auto upgraded box.

Originally posted by NWS25

I know nowt about auto boxes and TC's but looking at what you've written Mark, does this mean when you powerbrake the revs go up to 4k rpm, thus allowing to launch with a fair amount of boost??

Does affect the daily driving at all??

yes its about how you said it.

with stock stall its something like 2500-2800 stall. i had a 3600-3800 in car. you have to give it a bit more gas to set off on an incline. it lights up the tyres so easy. i had no problems in traffic jams with a higher stall. i read all the dont go with a high stall or it ends up been a bad daily driver. i sort of see it like an uprated clutch you would buy on a manual car.

you can build more revs off the line with powerbraking but then you will struggle with grip if you aint got sticky rubber or can see it breaking gearboxes.

if you read on supraforums lots of people rave how good they are for the money.

Mark

I know youve had your TC in for a while now........I drove Dudes mates UK with Hybrids and a higher TC , but i dont think it was running 100% as was inconsistant?

Also went out in Dudes who has a real hatred for rubber.....

Anyway the question............how do you find performance at motorway + speeds?

Say at 90mph when you kick down is there any noticable difference?

Do you run yours on True twin or seq?

BTW have already given Dude the nod to order mine and fit ASAP........just getting more info on what to expect.....i think its a 3600? John will no doubt confirm?.... im sure the reduction in lag will be worth the change or as John says.......YOU NEED IT.

i not noticed it been bad to drive. keep swopping from ttc to sequential all the time.

drove in ttc at dragstrip on stock tc and it was crap doing slower times. not tried it in ttc mode with tc

supposed to make your mpg worse

you will find out soon enough what its like. you will struggle to get power down.

have fun

Originally posted by osso

after reading this thread im getting the impression that the TC Stall converter can be used for manual cars? i thought they could only be used on an automatic! :conf:

Auto only James !!!!:)

Dude:flame Dev