The mkiv Supra Owners Club

repli kit bad product

Guest Furqan

Guest Furqan

hi

i order a full body kit from repli kit - do lock front bumper, vailside skirt, trial back bumper and vailside arch fender but product made very bad

almost see through in fiber glass i do not reccomend any body to buy from theres very bad service and expensive as well

hi

i order a full body kit from repli kit - do lock front bumper, vailside skirt, trial back bumper and vailside arch fender but product made very bad

almost see through in fiber glass i do not reccomend any body to buy from theres very bad service and expensive as well

These are based near me correct? Harlow?

I was assured when being quoted on a bodykit previously, that these were made for 100% fit, and were trial an tested on the demo cars before they went out without fail?

As for the material, I would expect it to be very good quality, because they are very expensive. :search:

The good people on here probably would have advised you not to buy from them, saving you money and arse-ache.

I guess you did it to save money?

Bad luck old bean :)

Edit: Oops, ok, not to save money then. How expensive are we talking here?

Edit: Oops, ok, not to save money then. How expensive are we talking here?

Well based on memory, I remember a post on mr2oc forums in regards to a trd full kit being made up, minus the spoiler which was well in excess of 1k, possibly around 1.5k, because there kits were that precise.

Guest Furqan

I have pay almost £1000 for the parts. no to save money i search online for body kit company and found theyre website. many gaps and trouble fitting i have bodyshop but i warn to other people so not wasteing money on bad quality parts. theyre many big gap on bumper and the arch fender different sizes so i must cut

I have pay almost £1000 for the parts. no to save money i search online for body kit company and found theyre website. many gaps and trouble fitting i have bodyshop but i warn to other people so not wasteing money on bad quality parts. theyre many big gap on bumper and the arch fender different sizes so i must cut

Furqan,

To confirm, was it from the following site;

http://www.replikit.co.uk/home.htm

Charlie

I'm guessing then;

£400 Front?

£400 Back?

£250 Sides?

£200 Overfenders?

Fitting ????

Edit: Too freakin slow, but was I right? Was I right? :D

Usually 200-300 for the front, 250-400 for the rear, 250 for the sides and 200 for the overfenders.

Guest Furqan

I have not total because they say they pack invoice with parts but no invoice included. i try to phone all day today but nobody answer. approximate price the back bumper is £270 arches are £200 bumper is £250 and skirt £200 and then addition to pay tax and delivery price

I have not total because they say they pack invoice with parts but no invoice included. i try to phone all day today but nobody answer. approximate price the back bumper is £270 arches are £200 bumper is £250 and skirt £200 and then addition to pay tax and delivery price

Damn i'm good.

Guest Furqan

Thank you i am new to uk and have not many contact here i speak with repli kit on phone and they gave good infos before i make the order. its ok now i will pay to fix but this warning for other and i will reserch more now

i Bought a do-luck from them which didn't fit as per their 100 per cent fitment guarantee, my bodyshop guy spent 5 hours trying to make the thing fit an it still looked crap, returned it to them an they said the fitment was poor because my car is modified, what a load of bull, the front end is the same as every other supra on the planet, only mods upfront are a chargespeed bonnet, i eventually went with a jdl which was better but still a pain to get perfect.

Moral of the story, if you want a do luck go to sumo power, unfortunately the exchange rate is so crap the now a do luck is comin in around 750 supplied

Edited by brians25 (see edit history)

interestingly this is what the put on their site:

GUARANTEE : Our fitment guarantee is totally unique. We guarantee that the fitment of the bodykit you purchase from us will be a good fit or we offer a full refund*. We can offer this because all bodykits we sell are made by ourselves here in the UK. When building prototypes we always build on a car and test fit before we begin building our moulds.

Most bodykits that are sold around the world are made in China. Due to import laws in China it is very difficult and expensive to have cars shipped there. This is a huge problem for most of the factories in China as they cannot test fit their moulds before they begin to make them. This results in badly fitting bodykits.

In addition to this when the bodykits are in transit they are locked up in containers for months. They are all tightly packed together and warping of the actual shape of the kit occurs due to the extreme hot and cold weather conditions whilst at sea. Again this contributes to the bad fitment when the kits finally arrive at their destination.

Our kits are all made to order in the UK, all moulds have been tested for fitment and the parts will arrive at your door with only a previous life span of a few weeks at most. This way we can offer a GUARANTEED FITMENTS* unlike all other suppliers in the UK.

Warranty No warranty is available. Items are supplied 'as is' and come with no guarantee unless stated. Fitting these parts to you car may void it's warranty. Replikit. Ltd accepts no liability for damage to your car caused by any of these parts. Returns Goods must be inspected upon arrival. If there is any indication of damage the package must be rejected and Replikit.Ltd notified immediately. No returns unless goods found to be faulty or don’t fit your car through our error (ie, if we send the wrong part to you). If you order the wrong part for your car then no return is accepted. Ensure you order the correct part. If the part sent to you is the wrong part because of our error or if the part is damaged when delivered we can offer a refund, replacement or credit. Returns will only be accepted if goods are in new, unused condition and in original packaging. Postage/shipping will not be refunded unless stated

All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee which we need to charge to offset the cost of our order processing. All claims for returns must be made on the day of receiving the product. No late returns or claims. Any insurance claims will take up to 30 days to be completed. There are NO EXEPTIONS on these terms. By purchasing any item from Replikit. Ltd you agree to these specific terms.