The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Still Searching for Some Wheels (help appreciated)

Fitz

Right, I'm still looking for a decent set of 17" wheels as that's the most my suspension will allow to sit under it comfortably.

Looked on many a website and 18" and 19" always pop up but hardly anything on 17". If I do find a place (and there are a few) that sell 17" wheels/tyres they do not do the staggered fitment like is needed on the supra.

Any Ideas where I could get some?

Right, I'm still looking for a decent set of 17" wheels as that's the most my suspension will allow to sit under it comfortably.

The diameter of the wheels should make no difference to the ride height of the car. With the correct tyres fitted the rolling radius of 16", 17", 18", 19" wheels should all be the same. The side wall depth of the tyre would be narrower on the 19" compared to the 16".

Cheers guys will get onto them

Take a look at my old thread it has pictures etc of the suspension/wheels. http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=173692

Those wheels don't look too bad Scott, not sure they're my cup of tea. How much would you want for them?

Have you sorted your suspension out from the linked thread bud?

You need to. :(

Tein Superstreets run at about £500 I think.

Have you sorted your suspension out from the linked thread bud?

You need to. :(

Tein Superstreets run at about £500 I think.

Got a quote from Paul at Whifbitz for Tein Superstreets inc. Uppermounts fully fitted for £920. So I'm guessing I'll be going down there sometime soon.

Edited by Fitz (see edit history)

Got a quote from Paul at Whifbitz for Tein Superstreeta inc. Uppermounts fully fitted for £920. So I'm guessing I'll be going down there sometime soon.

Christ thats a bit steep. Do you not fancy doing the job yourself? I found it a doddle.

well the parts were £815 something but thats for the set inc. uppermounts, without uppermounts they're around £660 IIRC.

I'd be worried about fitting suspension myself. Wouldnt mind doing it if I had someone who knew what they were doing helping me.

well the parts were £815 something but thats for the set inc. uppermounts, without uppermounts they're around £660 IIRC.

I'd be worried about fitting suspension myself. Wouldnt mind doing it if I had someone who knew what they were doing helping me.

I was quoted 500 without topmounts and 630 with iirc. The price for fitting is really good then. I thought you were getting charged £300 lol.