The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi project

19pjbsupra97

Hello all i have decided to post up my project here to see what you guys think and maybe to get some info on moding and general ideas as i really have no one in the US to help... i think i might have it all figured out but still not sure if im missing something... let me know what you think! here is the link

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519090

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok now i will start the thread here and bare with me as i have a lot to do... i think i will just post pics and if there is any questions about wuts going on ask or join the US forums to read more... here we go!

first the car as it sat the day before the motor arrived

the hood needs a good coat of clear but its carbon and the wing is just painted black but i am carboning the center piece and painted the uprights white...

then my new baby arives!

now this is where the fun begins!

as the project sit now, the turbos are waiting for money to get rebuilt, the spark plug cover is waiting to get painted, i need a harness conversion, i might have an ECU? and waiting on money for the coil parks and small stuff like that, the turbos will be painted black once they are rebuilt... let me know what you guys think!

hoping by the latest in 6 months... the bad economy cost me to lose my job ad not im at a temp agency working a temp job waiting for a better one to open up

Nice re build not that many people tuning the VVTi hope it all goes well, just finshed my re build.

................................................................................................................................................................................

Some great pictures there guys!!!

VVTI information and tuning seems to be very thin on the groud, couldn't hardly find anything on the newer stlye engine when I bought mine!

Great to see just for information rather than anything else lots of threads around, but I think the VVTI has more potential just costs more or am I wrong opinions?

Please to meet you both by the way......> Pudsey :)

i dont know about the VVTi have more potential... as an all around street car with 500whp i belive it does but over here in the states the normal GTEs are pushing 1400whp and driving on the streets... thats alot but i want to have a very nice twin turbo setup with around 600whp so i think its good for me and its different as i haven't seen one of these in person over here in the states as they didnt come with them... i couldn't find a thread with anything close to this so this is my contribution to the Supra community

i dont know about the VVTi have more potential... as an all around street car with 500whp i belive it does but over here in the states the normal GTEs are pushing 1400whp and driving on the streets... thats alot but i want to have a very nice twin turbo setup with around 600whp so i think its good for me and its different as i haven't seen one of these in person over here in the states as they didnt come with them... i couldn't find a thread with anything close to this so this is my contribution to the Supra community

This is my VVTI it makes 577bhp running a single GT67 DBB.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/kslbsupra/Photo064.jpg

.......................................................................................

19pjbsupra97,

Yes great contribution thus far, I to be honest you are running along the ideas I have too.

Was thinking of building a very strong twin turbo, rather like the twin hks kits perhaps with a stroker too for some extra torque.

I will keep an eye on your progress, should make for a very usable car in all aspects!

kslb;2352225,

Pleased to meet you, wicked ride that one.

Did you have to do any additional work over what the earlier engines do to go single.

Great looking car, bet it goes really well!!!

can i see the dyno graph of that beautiful car? and i have heard that the VVTi has a lot of wasted spark... would it be worth it for a nice HKS DLI spark amplifier? i think it will help with efficiency?

When I had it mapped I had an HKS DLI ready to go on but the mapper told me it was not required for the vvti so it was not used. I then had it remapped by RyanG (forum member, 2BarTuning) and he did not have any problems mapping it. The pre vvti apparently needed is but not the vvti. So a chance to save a bit on the build cost.

Did you have to do any additional work over what the earlier engines do to go single.

Great looking car, bet it goes really well!!!

Not as far as I am aware with the exception of DBW delete but my build thread is on here somewhere I think.

Thanks for the comments There is more pics in my garage with a full spec list.