The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra TT mpg around 60mile to £20

supraGZaerotop

whats youre supra doing mpg? i put £40 worth of fuel in my TT on thursday, it was on the quarter marker on the gauge, put £40 in went up to 3quaters full, ive done 60miles town driving and its on half a tank now, wtf, i mean surely it shouldint be that bad, my supe is on 85k, am thinking 02 sensor. 50 miles to £10 sounds right but not £20.

Don't use the gauge to work out your mileage, the gauge is really really crap. Half / quarter / three quarters are meaningless on the Supra gauge.

Much better to fill right up, do some miles (more the better) then fill right up again......use the fuel amount you've needed to fill up again, and the miles you've done, to calculate the mpg.

thanks for the advice, will do. 02 sensor is on my list, wouldint mind picking up some really good condition used cats aswell 20-30k on them, im thinking change cats and new 02 sensor has got to do something. id do 100 miles a week back and forth to work and it costs me £30 half town/half bypass roads. just seemed to drink £20 in two days and ive not really gone anywhere.

thanks for the advice, will do.....

You may or may not have an issue, I'm just saying that using the gauge to work out mileage will give you a very haphazard result.

When I first got a TT, I did 100 or so miles commuting / traffic then topped up, and did 100 or so miles on motorways and then topped up, then just a tank full blatting around for a few days and then topped up...I've used the results as a benchmark from then on. I know the best, worse, and normal average I can expect depending how I drive, and having something to compare against will flag up a possible issue if the expected average suddenly drops markedly.

Edited by Ewen (see edit history)

I did 120 miles on Friday (motorway mainly) and put £18 in (not sure why not £20 but oh well).. It was pretty empty to start with and pretty empty to finish. I was driving pretty sensibly. I was a bit dissapointed with that but reading this thread it seems quite good!

I usually do this journey in a Ford KA and it costs about £10-12 but i felt like a change..

I did 120 miles on Friday (motorway mainly) and put £18 in (not sure why not £20 but oh well).. It was pretty empty to start with and pretty empty to finish. I was driving pretty sensibly. I was a bit dissapointed with that but reading this thread it seems quite good!

I usually do this journey in a Ford KA and it costs about £10-12 but i felt like a change..

120miles to £18 seems very very good to me, ive never used my car for motorway driving as very rarely go near them. im mainly town/b-roads.

The route is literally 99% motorway or dual carriage way so its very good for economic driving. Plus traffic dictated my speeds on the return journey!! I even managed to resist any quick acceleration bursts! Mind it is a Auto NA so i guess thats good for cruising.

I am driving to Italy this summer so I hope it remains good on MPG.

The route is literally 99% motorway or dual carriage way so its very good for economic driving. Plus traffic dictated my speeds on the return journey!! I even managed to resist any quick acceleration bursts! Mind it is a Auto NA so i guess thats good for cruising.

I am driving to Italy this summer so I hope it remains good on MPG.

oh. i meant TT mpg, but still good going