The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo recon

Guest jay-r33

Guest jay-r33

fitted a nice titanium system, with double decat. this has shown the turbo seals were very weak.

where have people had their standard j-spec turbo's reconned before, and how much??

not including fitting, i will be doing that myself :)

Hey Jay its Fergus!:D how are you? I heard from James that you got a 6sp TT. I have just been over to AFR in crawley to talk about my turbos as the first turbo oil seals have gone on mine as well. I think its around 500 per turbo to be refurbed :(

apparently its quite a job to get the turbos off and on again!

Guest jay-r33

hello mate. im not too bothered about taking them off, pretty handy with the mrchanics being a mechanic and all. 500 a turbo seems a bit steep to me. damn it, they are sooo close tho. lol

Guest jay-r33

nice find, but i think ours are the ct12 variety. plus i dont mind doing a rebuild myself, but the balancing i cannot do without the proper machinery :(