The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo charge my mkiv n/a???

Guest jimmy4lfc

Guest jimmy4lfc

Hi, i recently bought myself my first mkiv Supra!!! its a na Supra and since buying it, my mates have been asking me, "why didn't you buy the twin turbo?". very frustrating for me as i've adored supras since the first time i played Gran Turismo on the old PSX.

Ther information i'm after is -

Is the tt engine the same as the na engine, just with a pair of turbos?

Are all the internals the same?

could i bolt on a stock tt exhaust manifold with the stock turbos, intercooler, mapping settings etc and get away with it?

if anyone could clear these few things up for me, i'd be grateful!

cheers guys,

regards

Jim

i have an NA and im considering an NA-T from xspower, i know if i do a transplant im going to need to BPU then go single at a later time, so... each to there own i spose, welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of an NA its still an ace car i dont care what the turbo heads say :D tell your mates to take a walk back to there 1988 vauxhaul novas ;)

i have an NA and im considering an NA-T from xspower, i know if i do a transplant im going to need to BPU then go single at a later time, so... each to there own i spose, welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of an NA its still an ace car i dont care what the turbo heads say :D tell your mates to take a walk back to there 1988 vauxhaul novas ;)

xapower? :no::scared::scare::shock::faint::eek:

dont do it, or at least post a thread or do a search before doing it.

ive got an NA. i get people at work saying why dont you have a twin turbo? wouldnt worry about it too much. i plan on uprating the brakes and everything else. including gearbox.RPS clutch then going for a tt upgrade. all in good time though. my car is still a lot faster then their saxo's and corsa's which frequently break!

and you can get you own back. dont give em a lift to work! :p

I have an NA supra.

"why don't you have a twin turbo?"

me: "Because I didn't particularly want one when I bought it. I bought a supra mainly for its looks. I'd like the extra power that the TT would give me, but I can't justify changing cars and I'm very happy with what the NA gives me. Now run along, haven't you got homework to do before school starts again next week?"

Guest jimmy4lfc

£800??? where from? i have been on t'internet and found kits for about £1700. These dont include remaps or changing the ECU.

Can you post the link please?

The XS power kit is utter garbadge if you are after anything more than a TT power levels (even that is pushing the NA-T kit they supply). Most of the fixtures and fittings are hopelessly useless, quite a few items dangerously so after they've had a few thousand miles use. Be very, very careful in your choice and makes sure you know what you're doing before attempting it.

'Clueless' I do not believe you have run the car for any real mileage or have just the XS power fitted alone. You must have made other changes to the very well demonstrated hopeless fittings.

Has it been put through a decent dyno operator yet? (que SRR meet in May ;) )