The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bad vibes....

Kev_A

Right, had my Supra around 3 weeks now and there's one thing I can't figure out,

When the car idles (approx 7-800 RPM) the whole thing vibrates, initially I'd thought it was because the bumper was catching on the FMIC, me and Chris (Chris and Alana) trimmed it all down at the weekend and refitted the bumper, although the FMIC no longer catches the vibration remains.

Next, I noticed that there was some excess vibration coming through the bonnet when you were stood outside the car, this turned out to be the BOV not mounted correctly and it was rubbing against the bonnet once shut, this again has been rectified, I even collected an under bonnet insulation panel from Jevensio just to make sure that if it rubbed at all it would go against the trim panel rather than metal, I've yet to fit this though.

However, one thing I have noticed is that if you raise the revs slightly, to around 1000RPM the car seems to idle nice and smooth and the vibration disappears.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem as it's really starting to bug me :(

Kev

Also worth checking that there isn't a slight miss at idle/or set wrong that is causing the vibration/shudder?

A straight six motor should be one of the smoothest idling types.

Been on the phone to Dave at Vine and that's exactly what he said, that the idle might be set wrong, going in next week to get checked out and hopefully sorted :)