The mkiv Supra Owners Club

7 Years Wait

RobD

Well about 7 years ago my dad got rid of his single turbo 6 speed ,i adored that car and always wanted to get my own ever since!

So as some of you know I picked my own supra up last month, (1st march) and i must say it was really worth the wait! Finally sorted out some pics and sorted the laptop out! so here she is!

First thing i done was give her a service ,take all the pads out deglaze them and cleaned my calipers up and hammerited them in silver ( Still need to do rears but thinking of redoing the fronts black to be more subtle!) changed all the oils, fluids and coolant and checked the tracking to make sure she's tip top! When i picked her up she had tint on the rear window which was applied badly , a sticker below both wing indicators , so i gave it a good clean and removed all of them and this is how she looks now! Taken before the indicator stickers were removed!

On the list to do, new wheels at the end of the month, then im going for a set of uk brakes for the front and possible a set of teins after the arches have been sorted! then she's going to the body shop to get a few things sorted, then hopefully the TT engine then i'll decide after that where i want to go with her!

Rob

No pics im afraid, think he may have I will ask him next time i go down to see him! It was the year i left school so thinking about it only 5 to 6 years since he got rid, but since he got it i knew i would end up in one of my own! He used to take it down pod and there was one or two around then so werent like he was one of the first!

Looking good matey, makes me regret selling my red one even more! shame about the fog.

Yeah thats one of the things im getting sorted! Getting the bits to do the rear fog light conversion this week! So i can loose the lamp in the bumper!

Great looking car Rob.

Those stock wheels look in pretty good nick too - even if you change I'd certainly hang onto them.

I am doing, getting my new wheels on then having them refurbed and new tyres put on ready for winter!